• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the office not reopening until at least January, it's day after day of WFH. This summer has been quite bereft of not just AEs, but of footwear in general. While it's still hot out, I'm pretty much all barefoot all the time.

Today, though, I have to drive from the Chicago burbs to northern WI to go pick up Lil' Donkey from school and bring her home for the weekend since we still haven't unlocked the secret to public transportation between her school and home. The Canal Courts get the call for the 4-1/2 hour drive. Oh, and if you think I'm not slapping on the classiest tracksuit in the world to pick her up at her dorm, well . . . you don't know me at all.
View attachment 1670505 View attachment 1670506
OMG - you win.

I wanna be dressed just like this when mine is old enough to go away for school!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
With the office not reopening until at least January, it's day after day of WFH. This summer has been quite bereft of not just AEs, but of footwear in general. While it's still hot out, I'm pretty much all barefoot all the time.

Today, though, I have to drive from the Chicago burbs to northern WI to go pick up Lil' Donkey from school and bring her home for the weekend since we still haven't unlocked the secret to public transportation between her school and home. The Canal Courts get the call for the 4-1/2 hour drive. Oh, and if you think I'm not slapping on the classiest tracksuit in the world to pick her up at her dorm, well . . . you don't know me at all.
View attachment 1670505 View attachment 1670506
How many on the thread are from Chicago area or Illinois? I lived in Chicago/Illinois for almost 18 years, including 3 at U of I.

We may have seen each other at the Oak Brook or Chicago stores…

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Park aves at work today.

IMG_20210917_0854326.jpg IMG_20210917_1147275.jpg IMG_20210917_1156487.jpg IMG_20210917_1147228.jpg IMG_20210917_1146587.jpg IMG_20210917_0854326.jpg IMG_20210917_1236463.jpg IMG_20210917_1147070.jpg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many on the thread are from Chicago area or Illinois? I lived in Chicago/Illinois for almost 18 years, including 3 at U of I.

We may have seen each other at the Oak Brook or Chicago stores…
I know I bring this up every once in a while, and apologies in advance to the regulars who have seen this before, but I grew up in the NW ’burbs and have a funny story about AE’s, this forum, and Chicago.

Short version: @Joe Schmoe and I went to High School together lost contact, moved to opposite sides of the country, and were reunited a long time later by AE and this forum. ;)

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I know I bring this up every once in a while, and apologies in advance to the regulars who have seen this before, but I grew up in the NW ’burbs and have a funny story about AE’s, this forum, and Chicago.

Short version: @Joe Schmoe and I went to High School together lost contact, moved to opposite sides of the country, and were reunited a long time later by AE and this forum. ;)

That is a good story.

Who grew up to have better shoes?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1663630

The HD version of this video is probably going to take another day to process, but I'm too excited to wait that long. Here we go!

Around two years ago I posted my "Strand wheel" photo, which made its way from StyleForum and the Allen Edmonds Facebook Group out to the internet at large. From what I understand, that photo was also circulated internally at Allen Edmonds where I believe it was kind of a hit.

@ae_ashley contacted me around then, letting me know that Allen Edmonds had gotten ahold of a really cool material, and they were planning something really special for me. The hint she gave me then completely floored me.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 put plans on hold for the foreseeable future, until now, two years later, when they've finally become reality.

Presenting the Allen Edmonds Strand King, in regal ultraviolet shell cordovan:

View attachment 1663643

This is my first time seeing UV shell in person, and the color just blows me away. It's a vibrant, deep violet, but the color is still dark enough to give off a formal tone.

View attachment 1663639

View attachment 1663640

View attachment 1663641

I can't believe Allen Edmonds had a custom model name with a custom printed insole made for this. Look at that Strand King crown logo!!!!!! One of a kind!!

This makes 82 pairs of Strands I own now, and receiving such an amazing gift is such a special, incredible feeling. As an Allen Edmonds mega-fan, this is the kind of moment you dream about, that one day the company might see how crazy you are about their product and do something unbelievably special to reciprocate and validate that fandom.

I can't thank @ae_ashley, the Charleston Team, and everyone else at Allen Edmonds, Port Washington and otherwise who had a hand in making this into a reality.

The next milestone is the big 100! Only 18 more to collect before I hit it, and who knows where I'll go from there?

I missed this due to life dragging me away from SF for a bit... All I can say is HOLY **** is that awesome!

Please pardon the language. I generally try to be more gentlemanly in my discourse.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Website has the good knobbed version on a 2 for 50 sale right now. Probably closing them out. Sadly, I threw away the boxes on the two lesser version trees that I bought in the store last week. I still ordered two of the good ones though, so now I have a couple of backup/sneaker trees.

Hah. The boxes were still in our trash room. Returned them today and ordered two more knobbed trees.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sea Island, I bet not on the 555 last. Super comfortable in a 10B. I wonder who had these made. I picked them up as seconds.
BF75C180-79C2-404C-976D-6E324BD598C3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads