• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

munchau

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Dellwood and/or thoughts on the 4 last? Is more 65 or 511?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Hint on RDA from the store. He thinks it'll drop on the 30th. I was in there to buy some trees. Sadly (and stupidly) AE is discontinuing the far superior tree, notice the difference in the heel, for the cheaper tree as the sole option.

That is a shame. I see Woodlore still sells a full selection of better shoetrees, and I was under the impression they were owned by AE.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard from AE that the knob trees were "likely" to be discontinued soon. I really like them, but I would use caution if you're buying them for shell. They do put a little more pressure on the uppers, which may or may not be acceptable depending on your shell size. For calf, they work great.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tainted again.
37F7D2AD-C1DC-408D-B82D-8C8F52B94378.jpeg

blewnote1

Reaction score
If the 4 is the McGraw, it is wider than the 5 (might be shorter, too)
The McGraw is the only pair of AE shoes I've had to return and it was because they were so tight across the ball of the foot that my bones would pop when I took a step, and the shoe left an imprint on the top of my foot if I wore it for a while. Maybe the pair I got were mislabeled, but they were much narrower than any of the shoes I have on the 5 last. Length seemed similar to my other shoes though.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The McGraw is the only pair of AE shoes I've had to return and it was because they were so tight across the ball of the foot that my bones would pop when I took a step, and the shoe left an imprint on the top of my foot if I wore it for a while. Maybe the pair I got were mislabeled, but they were much narrower than any of the shoes I have on the 5 last. Length seemed similar to my other shoes though.
4 last should be very volumous.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
That is a shame. I see Woodlore still sells a full selection of better shoetrees, and I was under the impression they were owned by AE.

Website has the good knobbed version on a 2 for 50 sale right now. Probably closing them out. Sadly, I threw away the boxes on the two lesser version trees that I bought in the store last week. I still ordered two of the good ones though, so now I have a couple of backup/sneaker trees.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.