• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
*freezes and quickly hides the red and blue patent leather on her desk*
Yeah seriously put that rubbish away.

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In this nightmare I was at the AE store in Seattle while the AE enthusiasts were crowded around a salesman who was slowly unveiling the trunk options. At first big-tall heads were obstructing my view, until the veil was finally removed and two fugly, bright red and blue VW Beetle looking patent leather Mac Neils were revealed in all their hideous glory. I desperately started pawing through the store’s inventory looking for bourbon Mac Neils with natural welts until a salesperson said “Better luck next year, kid.” Then I woke up.
Red and blue PatMacs....

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, they were Horween Essex leather, a rare, under-appreciated cousin to Dublin.
Agreed. Essex is a great leather. If I remember right it's pretty much what you get if you put calf into the shell cordovan process.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about suede - Besides Saphir product(s),
what's the go-to suede cleaner used by the SF experts??

I'm eyeing some pre-owned suede footwear. No obvious spots to remove, just want a general cleaning. I see a Bickmore (Bick 4 folks) for $7. Will mild soap and water do the trick? I just read where vinegar and water is better than many higher priced solutions.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm eyeing some pre-owned suede footwear. No obvious spots to remove, just want a general cleaning. I see a Bickmore (Bick 4 folks) for $7. Will mild soap and water do the trick? I just read where vinegar and water is better than many higher priced solutions.
I’ve used my Laundress cashmere laundry stuff on suede before. Worked good.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve used my Laundress cashmere laundry stuff on suede before. Worked good.
Good to know - thanks!
I'm gonna give Kirby Allison a bone and buy the Cadillac stuff.

Edit - Done. 3 Saphir products for $77. Hope it works!

Last edited:

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm going to be that salesperson for Halloween.

Rithrin

Reaction score

Why the hate on the PatNeils? You either get these shoes or you don't, you know?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday,

I finally pulled out these new brown Strandmoks to try. I've owned them since last fall, always reached for something else until today. Lotta gap there, which has some of you more concerned than it does me. I'll never get the closure some of you want on this last, but it generally closes up a bit for me as the shoes break in.

Strandmok_Brn_2_25.jpg

Hisheirness23

Reaction score

Hope you got a suede brush. I got one not too long ago and have questioned how I've gotten by this long without one! A must have for suede shoes/boots!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.