• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DawgPound

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the brown shell Strands! Love them! I only wished that a natural edging was a factory option. Maybe I’ll do that like a couple other pairs, but I’m not there yet. Here they are in three different lighting environments since shell changes so much!

3FA76594-40C2-4B7D-AE29-96F44D08D091.jpeg

7646DA17-ED5E-44EA-8CA0-CF4F960D577B.jpeg

4A429F5E-CA4D-4BE6-8F3E-69ABD9CBAF15.jpeg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandmok before the Strandmok name.

Man, if I could wear the 222, I'd have wanted the Lubbock.
Yeah, that's a good looking monk strap. I always wanted the Stewart and Big Sur out of that lineup. Never could find one worth salvaging.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a good looking monk strap. I always wanted the Stewart and Big Sur out of that lineup. Never could find one worth salvaging.
Kinda surprised they haven't brought back the Stewart...a patina monster Leeds? Seems perfect for today's wants.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
As others have said, unless I’m wearing spectators, white bucks, wing tipped boots, etc. nobody ever comments on my shoes. If they did, I’d figure I was doing something wrong.

That said, the shoe that gets the most disrespect is my Wilberts. And not in the real world but right here.😎

The somewhat weird leather has a fantastic feel about it, seems impervious to the elements, and the shoe is super comfortable. It’s handled cobblestones in Europe and some things on the sidewalks on a trip to Chicago I probably don’t want to know about and they remain no worse for wear. They are better road warriors than any of those in the actual collection.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandmok before the Strandmok name.

Man, if I could wear the 222, I'd have wanted the Lubbock.
They were similar to the Strandmok, but they didn't have poron. Some might like them more because of this.

@EdwardWilson If those were in my size, @BFT9000 or myself would have already bought them. I say, go for it.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
They were similar to the Strandmok, but they didn't have poron. Some might like them more because of this.

@EdwardWilson If those were in my size, @BFT9000 or myself would have already bought them. I say, go for it.
Strongly considering. I’ve had a real issue with sizing. I had a 9B Strandmok that was too tight, and an 8.5 Boardwalk (also 65 last) that is slightly roomy. The last (no pun intended) thing I need is another pair of shoes that I’m reselling on eBay.

In addition to the red and blue patent leather Mac Neils, if the trunk show offers shell Mac Neils, I’m guessing they will be around $695. Given that I’ve rarely paid full price for AEs and I’m now earning Canadian dollars, this could be $2000+ CDN fall. And part of my plan in moving to Vancouver was to save money…

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.