• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
By the way, I ended up giving her the proper AE response. Either you get this boot or you don’t.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up a pair of hi-top Moto sneakers and the width isn't too bad, wish I had gone with a 44 instead of a 43 but over all the fit is decent. I'll pick up a waterproof leather pair this fall so the Black tumbled HM's will go back into normal rotation.

Weather.com says nice riding weather for most of the week so probably not many shoe pics from me this week.

Clearly you are having too much fun.
supra_tint1.jpg
supra_tint2.jpg

DawgPound

Reaction score
Gents, what is your best AE footwear that no one notices? My Navy 1A navy Shell gets no respect. In fact, a woman asked me why I would wear a plastic shoe, when I own so many nice leather pairs? Anyone got a story?
Funny! My wife and kids both have said shell looks like plastic (until it starts to age). Then again, my chili shell Landon boots are one of her favorites that I have and she first noticed them without me pointing them out.

That said, probably my navy/black LandSharks get the least respect. People just don’t easily see/notice them…dark colors. Once a person knows what they are (shell/shark), then they think it is really awesome. On the flip side, without a doubt my various Strandmoks get the most notice/respect.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes, and well cared for!
I wouldn't mind if the Marbled 8 made a return for TS-21, since I choked when I had a chance to grab a pair a couple years ago. Oh well, not likely to be repeated any time soon.
Would love this and possibly having a scuffed/marbled shell every TS! The unique character of each is what makes them so beautiful! Scuffed black maybe as well? Wonder if there is a scuffed chili?

Rithrin

Reaction score
The only time my shoes get noticed is if they are what average people think is unusual so spectators, weaves, bright colors or textures.
Exactly! The Broadstreet and the 1776 get noticed and commented on. At work the other week, my burgundy shell Leeds got noticed by a coworker, but not for the reason you might think. The coworker in question said, "Hey, I think we own the same shoes! They're so versatile." to which I replied, "Allen Edmonds? Good taste!". His response was, "No, they're Eccos, but they're the same color!"

I guess the state of society is that same color must mean same maker even if they don't look anything alike.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Global entry renewal interview today
575E3982-5BB6-467E-926C-37ACBF0FBDBC.jpeg
6A801AD6-6B99-4EC0-A01D-E9B80B6F389A.jpeg
8B97C368-0C15-4E33-BF21-3D7F4956370A.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I had a dream, or rather a nightmare, last night that this year's AE trunk show only offered the Mac Neil in red or blue patent leather.

Serves me right for watching Apocalypse Now before bed.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting ugly before they get cool.
BDD6E6A1-702B-45AA-8EC5-3ED061CF3C01.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a dream, or rather a nightmare, last night that this year's AE trunk show only offered the Mac Neil in red or blue patent leather.

Serves me right for watching Apocalypse Now before bed.
Million dollar idea.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most common comment is from my significant-other, "All of your shoes look alike."

Occasionally in meetings when seated and folks notice that my shoes are actually boots, I may get a comment - mostly complimentary.

I wore a pair of Made-in-Maine ranger mocs to go hiking and the same S.O. said, "Why are you wearing your dress shoes to go hiking?"

Last edited:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Does Anyone know the last for the AE Elgin? They look suspiciously like the Strandmok.

1627925684740.png

1627925758894.png

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.