• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again @Rithrin is correct.

Suede shoes are the best shoes to wear at the Huntington Library, in this case Brogue Suede Strands on January 24th 2019.

P1130009.jpeg

For those who have scrolled this far and are wondering where the food picture in a shoe thread is, tea and me in the Rose Garden Tea Room at the Huntington Library on January 24th 2019.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Hopefully Rithrin was there long enough to see the pictures of Henry Huntington's next door neighbor, George S. Patton, whose family lived next door when Patton was a little boy.

George S. Patton, Julia Child, and Paul Fussell are all from Pasadena.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Once again @Rithrin is correct.

Suede shoes are the best shoes to wear at the Huntington Library, in this case Brogue Suede Strands on January 24th 2019.

View attachment 1645833

For those who have scrolled this far and are wondering where the food picture in a shoe thread is, tea and me in the Rose Garden Tea Room at the Huntington Library on January 24th 2019.

View attachment 1645834

Hopefully Rithrin was there long enough to see the pictures of Henry Huntington's next door neighbor, George S. Patton, whose family lived next door when Patton was a little boy.

George S. Patton, Julia Child, and Paul Fussell are all from Pasadena.
That tie is superb.

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of Bond Street Brown Texture 10.5D they would be willing to sell me?

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#tbt from the non-GMO GMTO days:

AE Townley preforated cap-top bluchers in brown shell cordovan on Independence Line soles...

20171015_125426.jpg

20171015_125359.jpg

20171015_125516.jpg

20171015_124741.jpg

These had the famed "Independence Line" upgrades including lambskin lining, two-tone outsole w/ brass plate plus wheeling & fudging. This GMTO was put together by an SF'er called WatchIdiot.

The good old days...

Last edited:

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
After a month of 70-hour weeks, today is the day I get my shot in front of our CEO to present a business plan for the first time. Well, technically it's over Google Hangout, so I'm not really "in front" of her, but I still wanted to make sure I had some confidence-building footwear on. In person, I would have gone with a MacNeil or Strand, but for virtual purposes, my old Trunk Show friend won out.

Probably a 50-50 shot on approval for this one. Fortunately, I get to give another presentation to her again in about 3 weeks that should have a much better chance of getting the green light.
IMG_5319.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of browns this week.
1D789D07-6B01-40B6-BB5C-81BBE32B23E4.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
After a month of 70-hour weeks, today is the day I get my shot in front of our CEO to present a business plan for the first time. Well, technically it's over Google Hangout, so I'm not really "in front" of her, but I still wanted to make sure I had some confidence-building footwear on. In person, I would have gone with a MacNeil or Strand, but for virtual purposes, my old Trunk Show friend won out.

Probably a 50-50 shot on approval for this one. Fortunately, I get to give another presentation to her again in about 3 weeks that should have a much better chance of getting the green light.
View attachment 1645950
Best of luck! I'm sure those long weeks will pay off!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

View attachment 1645950
Good luck. I’m glad you recognize how crucial your shoes are to this endeavour.

SJTM

Reaction score
Found a nice deal on a pair of unworn Long Branches in Gray, which just arrived. Can anyone tell me about this leather? Is this a waxed calfskin? What is the appropriate care and maintainence? Fit is perfect and very comfortable - and only pair of Vibram lug soles other than my hiking boots.

AE Long Branch.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a non-AE or CW in general shoe purchase yesterday. Some summer, hi-top, moto shoes. Probably just wasted a return shipping fee but figured I'd see if I could squeeze my flippers in them.

Was thinking of picking up today's drop from Zelos but figured I better hold my pennies in case @ae_ashley has enticed AE to make a Football Leather Landon.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Today,

AE Higgins Mill plain-toe boots in Antique Cherry shell cordovan on double JR soles...

View attachment 1645989View attachment 1645990View attachment 1645991
This makes me wish I had joined SF earlier as I had no idea what a Trunk Show was and what it meant when they mentioned Antique Cherry. Now that I have been educated, I always look back at this as one of the most special shells ever produced! Maybe even more so than Natural or Walnut shell. Truly amazing boots and on Double JR with the natural split-reverse welt!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.