• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was the end of that Long Branch design, unfortunately. In my opinion, the color and leather were better, plus the leather midsole and Vibram rubber sole were superior to the replacement. I bought more but could not find the originals again...

1000 (3).jpeg

Rithrin

Reaction score
Today I'm wearing walnut calf McAllisters, the very first Allen Edmonds' footwear I owned. They were full retail, mostly because I needed them in a hurry and didn't know about sales or the Shoe Bank. I later learned about the Shoe Bank from SF. In those days, the Shoe Bank was not online. You had to call or email an outlet store and request a list of what was in stock. The list was hit or miss since it was not updated in real time. And, it was somewhat cryptic as it was model numbers and not model names. To see a photo, you had to either visit the AE website or google the model number. The list also contained AE-made shoes for / branded Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren and others. Those model numbers were even harder to decipher, but they sold them cheap!

Anyway, my second purchase from AE was a score! Following the recommendations of the SF brethren, I hooked up with the legendary Kristle at the Jeffersonville, Ohio outlet (the precursor to St. Ashley of Charleston). Kristle notified me of an upcoming 2 for $299 sale. I studied and researched the list. Here's what I ended up with for $149.50 a pair...

View attachment 1645609 View attachment 1645610 View attachment 1645611 View attachment 1645612 View attachment 1645613

Kristle really helped me by pointing out the great deals in my size. There are shell and Independence Line shoes in the mix. I didn't know what that meant, but I listened to Kristle's advice.

The good old days...
Some really good lookin' deals you got there. The red laces are classic!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're gaining on the All-den Thread! Some Trunk Show speculation and innuendo should put us over the edge.

So, is it true that they're bringing back natural, walnut, truffle and cappuccino shell??
And the Macneil, Dundee, Bayfield and Bradley in shell???
And Football Grain too??!?!?
I don't know, a natty shell Mac or Patriot? prolly won't sell. Nah! :rimshot:

Last edited:

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember her. Ordered my Rothsay boots and Clark Street from her. Clark Streets ended up being a bad pair, but it wasn't her fault (it was the last pair they had). People criticize me for living the past too much, but that's how I am.
Judging by how the present and future are shaping up I’d say the past isn’t too bad of a place to be.

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was the end of that Long Branch design, unfortunately. In my opinion, the color and leather were better, plus the leather midsole and Vibram rubber sole were superior to the replacement. I bought more but could not find the originals again...

The originals were great. The new replacement pleather LB's completely suck dog ****.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Aberdeen type of day

PXL_20210728_134152182.jpg
PXL_20210728_133815707.jpg
PXL_20210728_133819992.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again @Rithrin is correct.

Suede shoes are the best shoes to wear at the Huntington Library, in this case Brogue Suede Strands on January 24th 2019.

P1130009.jpeg

For those who have scrolled this far and are wondering where the food picture in a shoe thread is, tea and me in the Rose Garden Tea Room at the Huntington Library on January 24th 2019.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Hopefully Rithrin was there long enough to see the pictures of Henry Huntington's next door neighbor, George S. Patton, whose family lived next door when Patton was a little boy.

George S. Patton, Julia Child, and Paul Fussell are all from Pasadena.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Once again @Rithrin is correct.

Suede shoes are the best shoes to wear at the Huntington Library, in this case Brogue Suede Strands on January 24th 2019.

View attachment 1645833

For those who have scrolled this far and are wondering where the food picture in a shoe thread is, tea and me in the Rose Garden Tea Room at the Huntington Library on January 24th 2019.

View attachment 1645834

Hopefully Rithrin was there long enough to see the pictures of Henry Huntington's next door neighbor, George S. Patton, whose family lived next door when Patton was a little boy.

George S. Patton, Julia Child, and Paul Fussell are all from Pasadena.

That tie is superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads