• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

schweezly

Reaction score
Anyone have the Park City boot? Wondering how they fit. Compared to say a Higgins Mill or Normandy/Caen

Reactions: EZB

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're gaining on the All-den Thread! Some Trunk Show speculation and innuendo should put us over the edge.

So, is it true that they're bringing back natural, walnut, truffle and cappuccino shell??
And the Macneil, Dundee, Bayfield and Bradley in shell???
And Football Grain too??!?!?

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing walnut calf McAllisters, the very first Allen Edmonds' footwear I owned. They were full retail, mostly because I needed them in a hurry and didn't know about sales or the Shoe Bank. I later learned about the Shoe Bank from SF. In those days, the Shoe Bank was not online. You had to call or email an outlet store and request a list of what was in stock. The list was hit or miss since it was not updated in real time. And, it was somewhat cryptic as it was model numbers and not model names. To see a photo, you had to either visit the AE website or google the model number. The list also contained AE-made shoes for / branded Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren and others. Those model numbers were even harder to decipher, but they sold them cheap!

Anyway, my second purchase from AE was a score! Following the recommendations of the SF brethren, I hooked up with the legendary Kristle at the Jeffersonville, Ohio outlet (the precursor to St. Ashley of Charleston). Kristle notified me of an upcoming 2 for $299 sale. I studied and researched the list. Here's what I ended up with for $149.50 a pair...

New Shoes002.jpg
New Shoes003.jpg
New Shoes004.jpg
New Shoes005.jpg
New Shoes006.jpg

Kristle really helped me by pointing out the great deals in my size. There are shell and Independence Line shoes in the mix. I didn't know what that meant, but I listened to Kristle's advice.

The good old days...

Last edited:

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
Today I'm wearing walnut calf McAllisters, the very first Allen Edmonds' footwear I owned. They were full retail, mostly because I needed them in a hurry and didn't know about sales or the Shoe Bank. I later learned about the Shoe Bank from SF. In those days, the Shoe Bank was not online. You had to call or email an outlet store and request a list of what was in stock. The list was hit or miss since it was not updated in real time. And, it was somewhat cryptic as it was model numbers and not model names. To see a photo, you had to either visit the AE website or google the model number. The list also contained AE-made shoes for / branded Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren and others. Those model numbers were even harder to decipher, but they sold them cheap!

Anyway, my second purchase from AE was a score! Following the recommendations of the SF brethren, I hooked up with the legendary Kristle at the Jeffersonville, Ohio outlet (the precursor to St. Ashley of Charleston). Kristle notified me of an upcoming 2 for $299 sale. I studied and researched the list. Here's what I ended up with for $149.50 a pair...

View attachment 1645608View attachment 1645609View attachment 1645610View attachment 1645611View attachment 1645612View attachment 1645613

There is shell and Independence Line shoes in the mix. And there were no obvious flaws. All at $149.50 a pair.

The good old days...
I hate you.

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
We're gaining on the All-den Thread! Some Trunk Show speculation and innuendo should put us over the edge.

So, is it true that they're bringing back natural, walnut, truffle and cappuccino shell??
And the Macneil, Dundee, Bayfield and Bradley in shell???
And Football Grain too??!?!?
Speaking on behalf of the bank accounts for most of the guys on this board, it better not be true!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Renomat arrived today. I just opened the bottle to see how bad it could smell. @smfdoc once warned me that it must be used outdoors. Oh my Lord, this stuff smells horrible. The smell just sticks to your nostrils long after you opened it. I thought the Renovateur smelled bad, but that was a picnic compared to Renomat. I honestly do not know how Preston can use this stuff indoors without vomiting.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Speaking on behalf of the bank accounts for most of the guys on this board, it better not be true!
We're doing our part to help stimulate the economy! Lol!

Would love to see them continue building upon the success of some of their new make-ups like the Hamilton and Landon! Many forum members have showcased their Trunk Show orders and they never ceases to amaze!

One thing I wish they would add would be a matching shell cordovan belt! Maybe offer a few styles like the Manistee and Cordovan Avenue II belts. In fact, they should add a matching belt offering for every Trunk Show! I would've loved to have ordered a matching grey suede or bone suede belt from AE to go with my Hamiltons, but instead bought some brogue suede Florsheim belts.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Renomat arrived today. I just opened the bottle to see how bad it could smell. @smfdoc once warned me that it must be used outdoors. Oh my Lord, this stuff smells horrible. The smell just sticks to your nostrils long after you opened it. I thought the Renovateur smelled bad, but that was a picnic compared to Renomat. I honestly do not know how Preston can use this stuff indoors without vomiting.
You think it smells bad, don't dare taste it! It's rough!! A bit better with Sprite, tho.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I love the smell of Reno’Mat. Not as much as I love the smell of Renovateur. And the cream polishes are absolutely divine.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.