• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Alright folks, visited The Huntington during my trip to LA last weekend. As has become increasingly common, the snuff suede Leeds from last year's Trunk Show accompanied me for the duration.

1627437193735.png

Found a nice spot to take a photo that, in retrospect, made me look like I was taking part in a contemporary cinema reimagining of Treasure Island that's really gunning for the Chinese market. With temperatures up to 87 and an unusually high humidity, it certainly felt like a tropical island. I'm very glad for my hat. There were many who didn't have a hat, but hopefully instead had lots of sun block, and luckily no one was lacking shoes.

1627436100530.png

If you want to read about a garden in a shoe thread, click the spoiler!

There were a lot of fascinating statues throughout, impossibly immaculate white walled gardens, and immense desert vistas reminiscent of alien landscapes. It certainly is an escape from the day to day mundane grind.

This statue was meant to represent the idea of all things eventually being forgotten, at least according to a plaque nearby. I suppose it a very literal embodiment of forgetting one's own head.

1627439013179.png

My photos really do not do the place justice. We originally intended to stay from 10AM to about noon before taking off to lunch somewhere local. Instead, by 4PM we were still trudging along seeing all the sights. This Chinese garden was so stunning that we visited a second time, right on our way out. This wall stood out to me, the opening frames the towering limestone sculpture beyond as you pass through it.

1627440518069.png

She was labeled "Unidentified Figure", but her title must have been "Admirer of Fine Shoes", for why else would she be giving such a sly thumbs up? She knows what's up.

1627439262433.png

Hoping to see lots of Broadstreet photos this week and announcement of a Mac Neil trunk show!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Wingtip Wednesday. Cambridge today.
EFC664EB-C3D4-4E5C-B799-7CE16B3476E0.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SJTM

Reaction score
Not many meetings during summer for me, but today have three back to back. Thought I try my hand at posting, so...

First time out with Copper SW's... found a nice AE Manistee belt in Bourbon to complement. Also have real affection for Hamilton Autos ( own about eight), so here is one of my fav's the Navy Pioneer...

AE Strand Weave Copper.jpg

Hammy Navy Pioneer.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey congrats!!! Is she a local girl? Is it true that people from Amarillo go to Lubbock for their honeymoon? :wink:
Thanks! Yes, she is local. (We're actually 10 days apart and she was a friend of my high school GF). She spent years your former neck of the woods, but life brought her back here. We are NOT going to Lubbock for the honeymoon. :p

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most no-show socks are some show instead.
8CFC1185-D2BD-4B51-B395-EF1D583C0652.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.