• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just offer a MTO program like everyone else does, at a premium.
N is pairs owned
Formula: n+1=correct SMUs
Do you think this would drive sales? MTO is a great customer service but it actually drives inefficiency. I believe that too many special makeup shoes just creates background noise. If you can just get it next week, there is no reason to buy now.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Today is an anniversary post with a throwback photo. Having so much spare time on my hands in the last 5 years I seem to have accumulated 10,000 posts. Some of them were even worth reading. The throwback photo is from April 20, 2017 when my trunk show MacNeils (RIP) in natty shell arrived.

1627313677913.png

Those are gorgeous. One of my biggest regrets not getting in on that one.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2215 last search results in both boots popping up. I am seeing the 1757 is a misprint.
I don't remember a 2215 last...is this the first instance of it?
It is used on the Silverlake, not sure if on any others. I'll try them on versus a HM later but if memory serves the fit is fairly similar with the 2215 having a more rounded toe than the 1757.

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think this would drive sales? MTO is a great customer service but it actually drives inefficiency. I believe that too many special makeup shoes just creates background noise. If you can just get it next week, there is no reason to buy now.
It probably wouldn't drive sales. It would be a small niche market, but with a strict return policy and an upcharge, it may limit it to a more serious consumer. Show off what they can do, and it may draw some new clientele. I just ordered a custom pair of Carmina natty shell cordovan boots because of their MTO Weekend event. AE could have gotten that money...

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE should give the weather on their website. It could improve their accuracy.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of that Higgins sneaker. At least it's not as bad as the Walker boot.

Also, I noticed on that new Chapman boot, they are putting the AE logo very obviously on the tongue. I don't mind that they do this on some of the sneakers, but I hope they don't continue doing this on boots. I guess no one will see it when you're wearing them, but I just don't like. One thing I've always liked about AE and Alden is that they keep logos where they should be, which is on the soles.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because AE is no longer making MacNeils. My pair are safe in the closet and will remain there with occasional wearing.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because AE is no longer making MacNeils. My pair are safe in the closet and will remain there with occasional wearing.
Because you are going to wear out a Shell MacNeil.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of that Higgins sneaker. At least it's not as bad as the Walker boot.

Also, I noticed on that new Chapman boot, they are putting the AE logo very obviously on the tongue. I don't mind that they do this on some of the sneakers, but I hope they don't continue doing this on boots. I guess no one will see it when you're wearing them, but I just don't like. One thing I've always liked about AE and Alden is that they keep logos where they should be, which is on the soles.
I really hope ae doesn't start branding dress styles in the same way. If they do, I ain't buying. It's inelegant.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.