• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive pants.
B91D9CBF-33F8-41C4-832F-4AC95FBFA04C.jpeg
D9A07728-95C7-41D8-803A-45ABF6BFBD1E.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to buy these in carbon before time runs out but spooked by all the discussion on fit. I do not have any shoes on this last. I typically buy a size 10D on the 65 last. Any thoughts on what size to order on this last?
Do you have a lot or decent toe room on the 65? Is your instep high? This last is shorter, flatter, and wider at the ball of the foot. If you need a lot of break in on the 65, I would be inclined to go 10.5D. That would give you a little more chance to fit the cone and give you the toe room that you would need. But if you get total closer and 65 10D is completely comfortable, then I would stick to 10D. Shoes are still being made in D width and the shoe is returnable. Keep in mind that until the 27th they will still make a size that is not in current stock. It is worth the shot.

SJTM

Reaction score
Do you have a lot or decent toe room on the 65? Is your instep high? This last is shorter, flatter, and wider at the ball of the foot. If you need a lot of break in on the 65, I would be inclined to go 10.5D. That would give you a little more chance to fit the cone and give you the toe room that you would need. But if you get total closer and 65 10D is completely comfortable, then I would stick to 10D. Shoes are still being made in D width and the shoe is returnable. Keep in mind that until the 27th they will still make a size that is not in current stock. It is worth the shot.
Actually have a bit of toe room in 65. Might even get away with 9.5D in that last, but I use a 3/4 Dr Scholls orthotic footbed in all my shoes that takes up a bit of room. When laced the vee is fully closed, so not sure what that says about volume / instep.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually have a bit of toe room in 65. Might even get away with 9.5D in that last, but I use a 3/4 Dr Scholls orthotic footbed in all my shoes that takes up a bit of room. When laced the vee is fully closed, so not sure what that says about volume / instep.
I would not step down on the 73. The Chisel takes up toe room.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to buy these in carbon before time runs out but spooked by all the discussion on fit. I do not have any shoes on this last. I typically buy a size 10D on the 65 last. Any thoughts on what size to order on this last?
orthotics complicate everything. I am trying a bigger width or a half-size larger

SJTM

Reaction score
I would not step down on the 73. The Chisel takes up toe room.
Thanks.

On a separate note, I was shopping for colored laces for my new Neumoks. It appears the eyelits are the "small" variety according to AE's definition. The laces that came with the two pair vary slightly in diameter. All of the options on Amazon appear to be thicker, even if listed for dress shoes. Does anyone know a brand that is the correct diameter and offers colors such as wine / royal blue / navy / green etc?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this Hamilton.
D664E824-E6B1-4FA7-929A-A81C3EE0D398.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MD chukkas today
D29C8AD4-BD8D-4D1B-86DA-E1B4B930BFE6.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.