• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does green and blue go together as well as I think?
1605C8C9-B25D-4DB3-81FB-7E2C17F79981.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I actually color coordinate. Lol.
Was a Graphic Design Major in college so I'm particular about color, tone and texture. One of the things I enjoy about MW is it gives me an opportunity to "design" since I don't really do that at work anymore.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!! I AM A HUMAN BEING!! I AM A MAN!!
Yes! This man gets it!

Looking spiffy!! Costco brand socks??

AE Brookwood 1995, 1 last. I have a question -this fits me A bit differently than my Leeds which I believe is also on the one last. The Leeds had significantly less wear on them, both pre owned. I’ve soaked the Brookwoods once to tighten them but maybe I should go longer? Any suggestions appreciated. Happy Friday.
View attachment 1643042
Yes the Leeds is the "1" last aka 511.

I could see a difference between the two because those are balmorals and the Leeds are bluchers. I've not run across this issue in AE shoes, but I have all 3 types of shoes (loafers, bluchers, balmorals) in Alden on the same last and they do feel a bit different, albeit not enough to make me want to change sizes...

One of your AE's could've been lasted tighter or looser and that may be as well. Handmade product will have some differences which might be the case here as well.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Oh nice a trial starting August 30 dropped on my lap. The next 4 weekends will be at the office. I’m thinking Liverpool Chelseas with a commando sole will be my reward.

Tried Saphir mahogany cream polish on these BB/AEs. AE’s closest colour is dark chili which isn’t as rich.

6802533E-17B8-4288-8939-90A219F393AF.jpeg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Friday!

I'll be running a number of errands today, lots of small things that have been piling up while we spent most of the last month away from home. Fortunately I can do them all on the motorcycle, then take the long way home through Park City.

I like the old orange shoes that we all pretended were tan.

Eagle Counties.

Eagle_County_2_25.jpg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.