• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Can't believe it's January 16th and we're at 46 pages. Finally found the time to do a 'family photo' of all the 2020 acquisitions.

IMG_20210116_210233 (1).jpg

From left to right, back to front;

Boulders, Walnut Cornwallis (F2 sale), Green Shell Hamilton (TS), Navy Shell Landon (TS),
Burgundy Suede MacNeil (TS), Snuff Suede Leeds (TS), Navy Wooster St, 1776s (Pre-owned, shout out to @madhat ),
Burnished Copper Strand Weaves, Burgundy Shell Leeds (eBay), Black Hopkinson (Buy More, Save More Sale!), DMC Shell Park Ave (TS),
Bourbon McAllister (Pre-owned, another shout out to @madhat ), Mixed Media Wool St. Johns, Oak Ridgefield (eBay Refurbishment Project).

Bought 10 pairs in 2019, now it's 15 in 2020. That's quite the escalation. Like a lot of other folks here, it feels like the brakes need to be applied, but I'm already at 1 for 2021 with the GMTO.

Here's to everyone meeting their goals for 2021, be it less or more shoes!

DawgPound

Reaction score
Can't believe it's January 16th and we're at 46 pages. Finally found the time to do a 'family photo' of all the 2020 acquisitions.

View attachment 1537222

Boulders, Walnut Cornwallis (F2 sale), Green Shell Hamilton (TS), Navy Shell Landon (TS),
Burgundy Suede MacNeil (TS), Snuff Suede Leeds (TS), Navy Wooster St, 1776s (Pre-owned, shout out to @madhat ),
Burnished Copper Strand Weaves, Burgundy Shell Leeds (eBay), Black Hopkinson (Buy More, Save More Sale!), DMC Shell Park Ave (TS),
Bourbon McAllister (Pre-owned, another shout out to @madhat ), Mixed Media Wool St. Johns, Oak Ridgefield (eBay Refurbishment Project).

Bought 10 pairs in 2019, now it's 15 in 2020. That's quite the escalation. Like a lot of other folks here, it feels like the brakes need to be applied, but I'm already at 1 for 2021 with the GMTO.

Nice! You beat me to the punch with @madhat on those 1776’s. Although, the man was good to me on a couple others.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Much like yourself, I'll be limiting my purchases this year. Other than the GMTO I might not make another shoe purchase this year unless they roll out something really special for trunk shows. My money will likely be spent on a few re-crafts instead.
Yep...I’ll be limiting things to GMTO and Trunk Show type items now. I do have two on my list that aren’t in that category, and when I find them, they’ll be the exception

I had no intention or desire to buy shoes in 2020. I haven't counted, but I'm near 15 or so pairs, from several different manufacturers.

I have no intention to buy shoes in 2021. I'm already up to 5 new pairs.
I get you! I ended up finding one of the two non-TS/GMTO and they’re inbound now. Will post when they arrive next week!

I have plans to buy zero shoes in 2021. But it looks like the GMTO got me to buy. Ashley said the magic words to get me over that fence. I might have another shoe purchase this month, just depends on the presentation of the shoe in question.
I get this. If the GMTO was Higgins Mill, I’d be more inclined. I’m on the fence with the Landon. I like the boot itself, would have preferred the materials on the HM.

I would like to officially advocate for your participation in the GMTO. Be like me. Peer pressure for the win!
Still on the fence. I love that they’re doing it. Just wondering how/when/with what I’d wear this boot.

DawgPound

Reaction score
So, as I contemplate what purchase(s) are in store for 2021, it made me think about what I purchased in 2020. I count 15 (edit: 20)...it appears I have a problem (edit: yes I do). I think 2021 will just be special runs, like a trunk show and/or considering the current shark/shell offering (on the fence). 8 were new, the rest were like new. I had a good base collection before these.

1. Leeds in chili shell (trunk show)
2. Holly mok
3. Park sneaker in chili shell
4. Sulivan Street
5. Strand weave in olive
6. Strandmok in denim suede
7. Hamilton in tan nubuk
8. Acheson in black suede
9. Gridiron in duke/pebble brown
10. MacNeil in burgundy shell
11. Bradley in burgundy shell
12. Sarasota brown calf (selling now, wrong size)
13. Leiden weave in dark chili
14. Leeds in burgundy shell
15. McTavish in smokey grey leather
16. Strandmok in gray CXL
17. Spiaggia in blue suede

Then, these were purchased right at the end of 2019, but arrived in 2020:

18. Dalton in burgundy shell with brown edging (TS F2)
19. Higgins Mill in brown CXL
20. Strands in carbon
I missed some and had to edit the list. Yeah, gonna control what I do this year to GMTO/TS and the other two I’m searching for (one is inbound now). That’ll be it. There’s probably 2-3 that I’ll be unloading as well at some point. I like them, but don’t wear them for different reasons.

If anything for 2021, I need to lose my ‘Rona weight. Too much being around the house and snacking. Doing a brisket right now for one of the day’s games...getting things under control...just starting tomorrow!

Last edited:

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1537222

Which color for the GMTO? I’m in for navy.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! You beat me to the punch with @madhat on those 1776’s. Although, the man was good to me on a couple others.
I’m still planning on moving along my Ridgeways, green shell Strands, green shell Rancourt loafers (@Rithrin would be a better fit for them I think), and possibly my navy HMs after the Shark Attack. ;p

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.