• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my Father's day gifts (to myself) arrived today. These were a steal. Ashley found these for me, and it was perfect because I needed a black cap toe that fit me well. Tried them on, they fit beautifully. These are an SMU because the sole is V-tread. The only flaw I can tell is that the lining has some darker stains, but nothing I care about. Very glad to have picked these up, especially because the Indy collection is now almost extinct. There's nothing wrong with the Exchange Place, but it didn't fit me well and it's for sale on Ebay right now.

View attachment 1628452
View attachment 1628453
Those look awfully nice for seconds.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue with my pair. Had success with the Berluti knot.
Learn to tie your shoes | Berluti

Perhaps with break in they will cooperate a bit more. Love the 65 last on these - purchased in both Coffee and Black.
I was thinking the same, oddly enough my left foot doesn't slip and after a day of wear my right wasn't slipping as much. A Berluti knot would help.

Under slacks they pretty much just look like my Sullivan Streets, about the same color. I'm with you on any sort of boot on the 65 last, I pretty much get all of them.

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Another day of appropriate temperatures for pants and boots, so my favorite pair got the call. Man, these wrinkly, old bastards need a good conditioning. I'll need to block some time to do a mass update on a bunch of footwear.

Also, not shown, but I'm pretty sure @Shoenut and I chose the same pair of AE socks today.

IMG_5230.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
digging the lacing job... is there a name for it?

Are those special type of laces?
I just call it diagonal lacing. The laces are the AE box of assorted laces. They are 33” laces for fun pairs.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weaves are not just for Strands.
2E9E0DA9-26E7-4CC7-81AE-805AA5A4070E.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score