• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This might surprise some of you, given that I don't love most of the sneakers. However, these reminded me too much of growing up in Kansas and being a Royals fan. I always loved the road uniforms in the late 80s, early 90s. I'm not sure if the size I ordered is correct, but for $89, it was worth a shot. Interestingly, I do not remember this color ever being shown in AE's website. Does anyone else remember this color?

Possibly a third party exclusive. There was a pale blue, but I thought it was a bit more grey powder blue. I liked it.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Staying cool during this heatwave in the Bay by working out of the office. Light cotton slacks and linen short sleeve shirt to go along with my TS20.1 Bone Suede Hamiltons on Double Oak. LOVE the natural welt and edges on these!
PXL_20210617_221240533.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might surprise some of you, given that I don't love most of the sneakers. However, these reminded me too much of growing up in Kansas and being a Royals fan. I always loved the road uniforms in the late 80s, early 90s. I'm not sure if the size I ordered is correct, but for $89, it was worth a shot. Interestingly, I do not remember this color ever being shown in AE's website. Does anyone else remember this color?

The porter also came in this caller, which is more of a Carolina Blue

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly a third party exclusive. There was a pale blue, but I thought it was a bit more grey powder blue. I liked it.
The porter also came in this caller, which is more of a Carolina Blue
Speaking of, so sad to see Roy retire. He will be missed.

And who knows, if I like these blue sneakers, I might even consider the blue suede Strandmoks (eventually).

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of, so sad to see Roy retire. He will be missed.

And who knows, if I like these blue sneakers, I might even consider the blue suede Strandmoks (eventually).
It was even more sad to me because I don’t consider the previous two seasons to have happened. On a related note, this came today…
8F9FC612-2041-4477-B978-646E231374C7.jpeg

It goes with these
80D9F73B-0AA0-4D01-AB3C-790CA2D7D7F0.jpeg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like I've said time and time again on here, I GO to places, I love to see stuff in person and I HATE buying online whenever possible.

I have visited a number of these Saks Off Fifth stores recently - I've seen a handful of the sneakers, some blue Super Sports, suede Boulders, blue Sea Islands, the Ace, and a CRAP ton of the Vinci & McTavish's in the tan & black. I actually found a pair of the sneakers in my size (in the gray) believe it or not but I didn't try them on. They looked decent - the suede was sort of rough-out and highly burnished at the tip of the toe. I just don't have the closet space. Just from the general shape of it going by looks I think if you ordered the same size as the Cheetah or Porter you're probably ok. DAMN good thing for me they didn't have the black McTavish in my size - I don't need that for a hole in the head but anything AE puts out in that black upper / blue danite...is just hard to say no.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Mr. Walnut Hopkinson. The leather is really soft. Reminds me of kudu leather. Does the Jefferson leather feels supple like the Hopkinson? I had my cobbler slap on a sole guard for better traction.

Now.....to the shoe Appreciation pics of the day.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.