• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I’m one of the main folks that provides AE-Carmina conversions (especially for D width) - feel free to PM me if I can help. I may have missed it on the Carmina thread, especially if it was one of the time periods where everyone was griping about QC and/or communications.

Short version: Simpson in 10E UK fits very similar to the 65 in 11D US.
He's one of my fit brothers...I gave him the marginal fit possibly news. :D

Rithrin

Reaction score
I think I’m one of the main folks that provides AE-Carmina conversions (especially for D width) - feel free to PM me if I can help. I may have missed it on the Carmina thread, especially if it was one of the time periods where everyone was griping about QC and/or communications.

Short version: Simpson in 10E UK fits very similar to the 65 in 11D US.
It was probably about 2 years ago after I picked up my first Park Ave. I'll shoot you a PM about it anyway!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. And Hermès Red by Saphir. Had since 2018. I know there’s a lot of Dainite hate, but they wear away so slowly.
Most of the shoes that I take to Mexico are Dainite or lug soles. The cobblestone is way too rough for leather and Lugs get you high enough that you hardly ever scuff the upper on rough cobblestone.

sam67

Reaction score
what model is this?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting model!

I just wish the perforations didn't make it look like a bicycle toe.
You can say the 65 is wrong for wholecuts (that's a matter of opinion). You can say you don't like wholecuts (that's a matter of taste). You can call me a pretentious bloviating douchebag (that's a matter of fact).

But saying my shoes look like bicycle toes? Those are fighting words.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what model is this?
One you don't want.

(Edit: I'm just kidding.)

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
I can only post comments regarding how much I love your shoes. My current life journey requires me to wear sneakers and scrubs every damn day, so NO more dress shoes (for about a year)...
The ONLY time I can wear anything other than sneakers is for Daddy/Daughter date night (my favorite).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only post comments regarding how much I love your shoes. My current life journey requires me to wear sneakers and scrubs every damn day, so NO more dress shoes (for about a year)...
The ONLY time I can wear anything other than sneakers is for Daddy/Daughter date night (my favorite).
Here’s what you do:

You order a really big pair of sneakers... and wear them over your dress shoes.

You can thank me later.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Beautiful day to wear some Chili Shell Strands! Still super excited that AE decided to make these a normal Shell offering and not exclusive to TS orders.
PXL_20210615_232224932.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.