• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

sam67

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I know I am totally overthinking this, but what Saphir color would you recommend for these AE Exchange Place? They have been discontinued, but were listed as just "brown".

Also, never realized how difficult it is to photograph brown shoes! The actual shoes are slightly darker than the photos.

Lastly, will Saphir renovateur affect the color or burnishing? Thanks

View attachment 1624247View attachment 1624249View attachment 1624250
Check out Parisian brown , 910.
Exact match on these.
90E2245F-2F74-4CF6-814E-8D12A1AF48EC.jpeg

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I liked their “brown” color and did not understand the need to replace it with variants like “cigar” and “coffee.” I picked up a pair of brown Park Avenue seconds for $75 and First Avenues for $125 after the color was discontinued.

Hello everyone. I know I am totally overthinking this, but what Saphir color would you recommend for these AE Exchange Place? They have been discontinued, but were listed as just "brown".

Also, never realized how difficult it is to photograph brown shoes! The actual shoes are slightly darker than the photos.

Lastly, will Saphir renovateur affect the color or burnishing? Thanks

View attachment 1624247View attachment 1624249View attachment 1624250

Duke Santos

Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bradley on a Monday morning. AE dog socks worth more than the coin.
A08F3812-D83F-4EF6-B4B0-85327C0B5D90.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Acheson with no socks whatsoever

View attachment 1624008
I picked up a pair of Acheson's 2nd's in Dark Chili. Not sure I'd be able to wear any sort of sock in them so hopefully they don't blister me.

Also added some Williamsburg's in Coffee, Strand Weave 2nd's in Dark Chili and had a Crosby Street in Carbon that will be going back due to a split seam.

I should have picked up something in Carbon, it's a nice color.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t feel like wholecuts get the love around here that they deserve. So here is a pair of AE Hastings 1255 Chili Antibes Calf (under super bright lights, for some reason).

The leather quality and execution on these is superb.

They were featured on the cover of the Spring 2005 AE Catalog:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t feel like wholecuts get the love around here that they deserve. So here is a pair of AE Hastings 1255 Chili Antibes Calf (under super bright lights, for some reason).

The leather quality and execution on these is superb.

They were featured on the cover of the Spring 2005 AE Catalog:
These are a better rendition than their last try. But having said that, there are very few makers that can produce an attractive and wearable wholecut. The silhouette of the shoe is everything. Many attractive wholecuts are plain uncomfortable because our feet don’t fit the shape. AE has not put in the time and attention that is needed to perfect such a style.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a better rendition than their last try. But having said that, there are very few makers that can produce an attractive and wearable wholecut. The silhouette of the shoe is everything. Many attractive wholecuts are plain uncomfortable because our feet don’t fit the shape. AE has not put in the time and attention that is needed to perfect such a style.

I think (and that’s ultimately what matters) these look great and they fit just like any other (properly sized) 65 last shoe.

Quick and dirty photos on the foot:

Even in full exaggerated step, they break nicely:

Now for brutal truth:

I’m sorry to say, for some people, even with 4 grand custom lasted bespoke wonders, wholecuts just don’t work:

(Apologies to “The Shoe Snob”.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.