• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
So a few people suggested the Del Ray for the trunk show (which I'm totally on board with). Think AE has some stingray leather around/available? They could do a shell and stingray version of the Del Ray!

The Shell Ray!

I'll see myself out now....
I'm game for a Shell Ray.

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
In my infinite wisdom this morning, I thought to myself, "Donkey, you know what would maybe make those sorry-ass 501s look a little better? What if you, I don't know, cuffed them or something?" Because I had only had half my allotted coffee at that point, the miasma of offal between my ears was pretty useless. In any case, I paired the aforementioned abomination 501s with some "511" lasted sand MassDrop chukkas (RIP).

IMG_4863.jpg

So, did the cuffs make the 501s look better?

1482385016-36d15w.jpg

I think I'm gonna throw these mofos into a hot wash tonight and see what I can do about shrinking them a bit. I doubt it will solve my issues, but why not mess around with some hot water and denim?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my infinite wisdom this morning, I thought to myself, "Donkey, you know what would maybe make those sorry-ass 501s look a little better? What if you, I don't know, cuffed them or something?" Because I had only had half my allotted coffee at that point, the miasma of offal between my ears was pretty useless. In any case, I paired the aforementioned abomination 501s with some "511" lasted sand MassDrop chukkas (RIP).

View attachment 1609704

So, did the cuffs make the 501s look better?

View attachment 1609705

I think I'm gonna throw these mofos into a hot wash tonight and see what I can do about shrinking them a bit. I doubt it will solve my issues, but why not mess around with some hot water and denim?
hot water probably won't matter much since they are Levi's and not raw denim. You may notice a little shrinkage (TWSS) but it will stretch back out quickly after wearing them agian.

If you want the cuff's to look better and plan to continue to wear them cuffed, hit them with an iron and "hard-set" the cuffs, it will give a crisp edge. They will look better.

just my 0.02

Coffandcig

Reaction score
hot water probably won't matter much since they are Levi's and not raw denim. You may notice a little shrinkage (TWSS) but it will stretch back out quickly after wearing them agian.

If you want the cuff's to look better and plan to continue to wear them cuffed, hit them with an iron and "hard-set" the cuffs, it will give a crisp edge. They will look better.

just my 0.02
And wear a wider profile boot.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
My vote would be for black oxfords.

though I do love me some burgundy. Grayson in shell.
yeah, i mean i could go with basic black PAs (or 5th aves) but i'm such a loafers guy, too. was considering burgundy full strap AE or Alden. the Alden version seems a bit more effeminate though.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the weasels. I’m looking at groom suits soon for my California DTLA wedding and thinking about the following:

blue/light navy suit
contrasting waistcoat
dark blue bow tie (prob with some pattern)

for shoes, was thinking burgundy for something different but open to ideas. any thoughts on style/color? (AE or other)
I do believe that outfit needs a pair of spectators

DawgPound

Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
Honestly, I was really happy with the model options offered at the last shell trunk show. What I’d love to see, and what would crack open the wallet, is more variation in the shell color options...especially more marbled shell...maybe several marbled shell colors. Brighter colors as well. For example, navy looks black vs blue unless the light hits it just right. Color 8 and black are standard and dark (fuddy-duddy). Chili is cool (have three of those now, but is readily availble). Also, a natural edge option again would be nice. Just looking at Ashland Leather’s site for their shell colors that they get from Horween, it just seems like there’s a lot of options. I’m sure there’s availability and production considerations, but that’s why you and the others are paid what you are to figure these things out 😁

I appreciate you asking!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife was concerned because I almost fainted this morning. We went to Costco and I loaded our loading thing maybe too big. I like to buy a lot of stuff so I don't have to return anytime soon. The combination of the mask and big truck did something. I've had this happen before a few times, so I'm kind of used to it. Or maybe it's the big crowds that caused it. Either way, if you're feeling light headed, at least you can wear olive Strandmoks. :-D

IMG_2995.JPG

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.