• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
Took me long enough to finally take better photos. But it's time for some blatant glamourizing here. Set up my Landsharks for a nice op before taking them out for their maiden voyage. Obligatory shout out to @ae_ashley in thanks for making this opportunity possible! I really hope we see more MTOs or Trunk Shows involving exotic materials. The shark along with the special mixed media design really make these feel special.

View attachment 1609079
View attachment 1609080
View attachment 1609083

And off we go! Donned my sharkskin trousers, of course. Seemed appropriate.
View attachment 1609084

Now all I have to do is figure out how to take care of shark shoes...
Saphir reptan.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So question about ae shark: where does Ae get its shark skins? I'm not an environmentalist or a tree-hugger, but I also like to be conscientious. @ae_ashley can you hook me up with some details for future ae shark purchases?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So question about ae shark: where does Ae get its shark skins? I'm not an environmentalist or a tree-hugger, but I also like to be conscientious. @ae_ashley can you hook me up with some details for future ae shark purchases?
They are sourced ethically. I am sure she put out something with better wording but rest assured nothing devious about the source.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are sourced ethically. I am sure she put out something with better wording but rest assured nothing devious about the source.
Thanks dude. That's good to hear. You know: as shark has some bad practices in China associated with it.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better late than never:

I was able to find out that the shark we use is sourced from Mexico and is wild caught/sustainably harvested.

Hope that helps.
Thanks dude. That's good to hear. You know: as shark has some bad practices in China associated with it.
They're Mexican sharks. I would bet blue shark.

That said, that shark had been sitting around for 6+ years...we don't know for sure that there will be more shark offerings.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're Mexican sharks. I would bet blue shark.

That said, that shark had been sitting around for 6+ years...we don't know for sure that there will be more shark offerings.
Thank you!

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Was reading a couple of denim posts on SF last night instead of working on spreadsheets because, hey, you can only look at cells for so long before they all look the same. Anyway, there was mention of Levi's 501 STF modern iterations being vastly inferior to the good old stuff. I bought my first pair of 501s in 1986 and they were probably the best pair of jeans I ever owned. I've been chasing that denim ever since. Bought a couple pairs a few years back and found that they really didn't shrink enough and really don't fit right, but I might as well wear them anyway during WFH days because, hey, why not? Of course, now that I'm wearing them, I'm thinking that instead of buying my jeans as STF, I really should be taking my doughy/COVID-y self and trying to STF my own measurements and then give things another go-round with a smaller size.

So, please enjoy the SMU suede MacNeils paired with recent-era STF 501s that fail on pretty much every level. Took this shot when I took Phoebe out for a zoom session between conference calls. She promptly came back inside and threw up. I'm trying not to take it personally.

IMG_4855.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
Late to the party and don't buy shell but for most appealing for me Is the Hamilton and Patton. No longer in production 5th Street.

The one thing that might get me to spend full MSRP is a boot like this on the 65 or 1943 last.

576_ORSON_BOTA_MARRON-MEDIO_L.jpg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the weasels. I’m looking at groom suits soon for my California DTLA wedding and thinking about the following:

blue/light navy suit
contrasting waistcoat
dark blue bow tie (prob with some pattern)

for shoes, was thinking burgundy for something different but open to ideas. any thoughts on style/color? (AE or other)
My vote would be for black oxfords.

though I do love me some burgundy. Grayson in shell.

3ABCA159-99E2-462F-AB88-1C868953CB85.jpeg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got 2 pairs of Fifth Aves, walnut and black, and kinda regret not forking over the extra $ and getting shell black Park Aves instead of the black Fifths during the sale.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.