• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now this is a great question, Ashley.

My favourite shoe from you is undoubtably the Strand. I love half-brogues, and I honestly believe that the Strand is the most handsome half-brogue on the market. I mean this across the board: I think the Strand at least equals, if not exceeds, any half-brogue on the market at any price point, absent one of a kind bespoke masterpieces. Nevertheless, we know the Strand is also pretty much AE's favourite shoe, as it is available in every combination under the sun. We don't need more Strands, save perhaps if you want to introduce even more colours as standard (like green and navy calf).

So I am going to focus on styles which I like a lot, and those which I specifically would like to see in shell.

I think the Kenilworth is one of your most underappreciated styles. It is a really excellent three-eyelet derby. I could see it looking quite elegant in shell. I don't like the Kenilworth in black, but it is beautiful in brown, and I think it would look splendid in an oxblood/colour 8 shell.

The 5th Avenue is not represented at all in shell. Given the 5th avenue is one of your QUINTESSENTIAL shoes (up there with the Park Avenue), why would you not offer this in shell? It would look great!

Though I prefer the Dundee, the Nomad chukka in shell would be quite nice.

The Landshark has shown that the Landon looks great in shell, too.

The Delrey might not be as nice as the Bradley, but I think it could look good in shell, too.

I know you said CURRENT styles, but the Sullivan street boots in cordovan would be be amazing, especially with a grain impressed on the shanks. You know what I want next trunk show? A pair of green shell cordovan sullivans, that's what I friggin' want.
I also think a Nomad in shell would be nice, but really what I want is the XLite sole to be offered with a shell shoe. Now, what would you say to a Williamsburg in shell?

Maybe I've been away too long - some interesting trunk show choices going on - Nomads, the Kenilworth, the Venture....not gonna comment lol.

Current: Cornwallis, Strand, Cambridge, Hamilton , St. John, Dalton, Lombard, Lake Forest

Older: Manchester, Eagle County, Larchmont, Rogue, MacNeil, Ascher, Norwich, Player
Unfortunately, the Cornwallis is no longer current. I think the Lake Forest is also being discontinued.

Great combo!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for some time, but I visited the AE site today to look at redrafting options and lo and behold I see that they now sell boot trees. Does anyone here own any? Thoughts/impressions?

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Is Wingtip Wednesday still a thing? Asking for a friend. OK, fine, it's for me. I'm friends with myself. I'm asking for me. Is that clear enough for all you filthy barnweasels? You caught me in my lie. Are you happy now? Normally, I'd feel embarrassed, but I gave up shame for Lent a number of decades back and never had a second thought about it. Also, I'm not Catholic (I'm just married to one), so my Lenten promises carry little-to-no weight.

SMU oxblood Ladyboots with red Dainite soles courtesy of @ae_ashley a couple of years ago. I love getting out-of-the blue messages from her, since that usually means something interesting is in play. My wallet? Not quite so much.

IMG_4854.jpg

matwa

Reaction score
In the interest of pedantry and clarity - I stand slightly corrected. The Academy (and Alumnus, another nice shoe) are on the 2321, while the HM is on the 1757. In the immortal words of @Neo1, the 2321 "appears to have characteristics in common with the 1757."

Anecdotally, this seems true. I'd go with your HM size. This is the listing I mentioned earlier (not my listing;no affiliation whatsoever):

Also lots of used pairs out there.

Best of luck.
I had a pair of Alumnus for a while - I found that the 2321 had too much room in the forefoot. I felt a "whooshing"
as my forefoot moved up and down in the shoe as I walked.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came up with another interesting shell option for you guys. What about the Discovery? Not a lot of shell monkey boot options around and it would certain skew casual and also represent something very different from the offerings over recent years.

1620839920259.png

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came up with another interesting shell option for you guys. What about the Discovery? Not a lot of shell monkey boot options around and it would certain skew casual and also represent something very different from the offerings over recent years.

View attachment 1608703
Good boot… I’d be hesitant because it has no quick laces

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoedrobe is threatening to rise from the grave. Wore my green shells out to pick my kid up from school for no reason at all! Here’s for more and more opportunities to dress well in the near future!
8B4D8985-E062-41A7-8C16-49E684545132.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoedrobe is threatening to rise from the grave. Wore my green shells out to pick my kid up from school for no reason at all! Here’s for more and more opportunities to dress well in the near future!
View attachment 1608744
Im not a fan of PTBs or the Leeds, but this looks good to me

MajorDash

Reaction score

View attachment 1608703

Honestly? I'd buy it over any current lineup models (save for a monk strap). It would look SICK in burgundy or bourbon shell.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.