• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley the Sullivan Street, while not in production, would be a a big winner in a trunk show. The shark/shell Landon's demonstrated the skill level is there. Put a pre-determined matching pebbled leather or suede for the shaft and option of shell color for the rest (Ideally choice of that color and leather type would be up to the customer, but I'm flexible!). Best of both worlds, its a semi-dress / semi-casual boot that is perfect for the new WFH mid to post-pandemic world.

Rithrin

Reaction score
If we're just tossing out suggestions for any shoe, I still hold that a spectator webgem or trunk show would get a huge buy-in. If they had brown/bone, black/white, maybe a dark brown/tobacco combination, I'd buy all three! Probably any other spectator fans would be in for at least 2 as well.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Cmon guys, give Ashley a break. I’d be willing to bet AE has told her trunk shows and such are limited to current models. If not I’d be asking for Cornwallis or Bradley.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing khaki grain McTavishes today.

IMG_6613.jpeg

Some of you may have recognized that as the floor at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, here I am standing in front of Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal between trains.

IMG_6614.jpeg

Someday will finally figure out how to get the entire clock tower in the picture, as well as be sure to stand in the Sun rather than in the shade.

Since people keep asking how I take the pictures, took this one with the cell phone tripod mount and cell phone on top of the sundial.

IMG_6620.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a scone, tea, and me at the Tea Rose Garden in Pasadena CA.

IMG_6603.jpeg

Once again, my belt did not match my shoes. Wore the Logan Avenue belt I got from @BackInTheJox in 2017.

IMG_6628.jpeg

Sometimes wonder if A-E had made slighly narrower belts like this to coordinate with the woolly and leather parts of the various Wooley series shoes if they would have sold many.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another inaugural outing. Split toe Tuesday in Brassvello style; my first Plaza boot.

I can definitely see the draw for the Ravello versatility!

PXL_20210511_133422401.jpg
PXL_20210511_210152460.jpg
PXL_20210511_210155704.jpg
PXL_20210511_210203289.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cmon guys, give Ashley a break. I’d be willing to bet AE has told her trunk shows and such are limited to current models. If not I’d be asking for Cornwallis or Bradley.
She also asked for current models, they are not looking to break old patterns out of the cob webs, plus in order to offer stuff to current customers it needs to be something people are familiar with..

I came into AE and this thread well after the webgem and MTO days, so I'm only interested in opening my wallet so far based on fit knowledge of current models, I wont gamble $700+ for grail shell I dont know if it will fit, hence the current models request, so please keep this in mind, beg for what you want currently, and beg for a webgem for all the OG's as a side thing

Just my .002

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpopular answer... I think the current assortment is such that it's pretty hard to come up with something interesting to consider for shell. Maybe the grayson or as previously mentioned strand/strandmok.

As previously discussed, for a split toe the Walton would be super in shell. This is a pair below that was posted in the vintage thread yesterday by @wasmisterfu would also be a great shell makeup. These are on the 65 last.

View attachment 1608250
Yeah, those are (my) Brentwood’s / Seneca’s (same style number, different names depending on era). They would be amazing in shell.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
Hamilton and Fifth Ave in Shell would be awesome to see offered outside of a Trunk Show.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
She also asked for current models, they are not looking to break old patterns out of the cob webs, plus in order to offer stuff to current customers it needs to be something people are familiar with..

I came into AE and this thread well after the webgem and MTO days, so I'm only interested in opening my wallet so far based on fit knowledge of current models, I wont gamble $700+ for grail shell I dont know if it will fit, hence the current models request, so please keep this in mind, beg for what you want currently, and beg for a webgem for all the OG's as a side thing

Just my .002
Well, see, the problem is that there isn’t anything currently offered that interests me. A McNeil would, especially in shell. So i’m going to ask for it.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
For shell, a clean double monk (no brogueing) like the Marin or a short wing blucher like the New York Travel wingtip (not sure if there are issues if this is made outside of US).

Also agree Sullivan Street in mixed shell / suede or shell / grain calf would be fantastic

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.