• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are the sneaker Trunk Show orders due by?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question but has anyone seen @armedferret ?
I've been wondering the same for about 4-6 months now it seems like, but just haven't asked. Figured as with most people, they come and go depending on what's going on in their lives, I believe he was about to retire last we seen him, maybe he has better things to do now with his life than surf an appreciation thread

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have a Walnut pair.
9718CAB9-21FD-4737-9067-9BB50C5E1670.jpeg

ccpl14

Reaction score
e-bay? i seen a nice pair on there recently, not familiar with that style/line, how's fit/feel/quality?
Yes, I got a tremendous deal on them.
The fit is generous. Think of them as a Higgins Mill with no boot shaft as I believe they are on the same last. I went with my 65 size and they fit well with medium weight socks.

There Was a NIB pair in 11D at a decent price floating around forever on the bay (these are not those). It might still be out there.

Quality seems pretty decent, especially for what I paid. It’s not the *nicest* CXL I’ve ever seen, but it’s still natty CXL. Love the v-tread as well.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got a tremendous deal on them.
The fit is generous. Think of them as a Higgins Mill with no boot shaft as I believe they are on the same last. I went with my 65 size and they fit well with medium weight socks.

There Was a NIB pair in 11D at a decent price floating around forever on the bay (these are not those). It might still be out there.

Quality seems pretty decent, especially for what I paid. It’s not the *nicest* CXL I’ve ever seen, but it’s still natty CXL. Love the v-tread as well.
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to take another look and see if my Higgins size is available and if the price is right I may roll the dice.

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Crazy day today with about 18 hours of work to cram into the next 12 hours. Figured I'd wear the boots my friends think I'm crazy to have spent more than $100 on which is their limit for anything "nice." Trunk show burgundy HMs with v-treads that are worth every penny I spent on them and then some. Oh, and they're probably due for some VSC and a general clean-up, but we'll save that for another day.

IMG_4851.jpg

Back to the grind. Catch you all on the flip-side tomorrow.

ccpl14

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to take another look and see if my Higgins size is available and if the price is right I may roll the dice.
In the interest of pedantry and clarity - I stand slightly corrected. The Academy (and Alumnus, another nice shoe) are on the 2321, while the HM is on the 1757. In the immortal words of @Neo1, the 2321 "appears to have characteristics in common with the 1757."

Anecdotally, this seems true. I'd go with your HM size. This is the listing I mentioned earlier (not my listing;no affiliation whatsoever):

Also lots of used pairs out there.

Best of luck.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just added this to my watch list since I also just put an offer in on another pair I've been searching for.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Ooh, Boulevard? Maybe Delray? Carlyle? I don't think those have gotten the shell treatment yet, and thus rather appealing.
I keep forgetting del rays are still in production. That’d be an interesting pick. (Or Wilberts). They haven’t done a shell split-toe in a while so that’d be a nice change.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
I like the strandmok, nomad, park Ave sneaker, strand sneaker, Landon…. This may be weird, but I’d like to see a nomad in shell…. Or really I’d like to see an XLite sole on shell for some reason!

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandmok for sure, i prefer the more casual welt treatment on them over the more formal look of the Strand
Patton? I personally do not have any experience with shell, so question for the people with a closet full would there be any issue's with this being a shorter boot?
Higgin's Mill of course

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.