• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great with that natural welt & sole edge. The brass eyelets are a great touch as well.
Nice. The Bradley should have been offered in brown shell from Day 1.
Thanks Gents! Back in the olds days, folks were designing MTO's that improved upon AE's standard offerings. Few went mainstream, but there were certainly some one-off gems created.

R.I.P. A.E. M.T.O.

20210408_095000.jpg

Rithrin

Reaction score
My nameless AE x RL field boots, and Gustin Japan Olive Selvedge.
View attachment 1604966
That's quite the pair of jeans (and shoes!). Never heard of Gustin, but after a quick look it appears to be a kickstarter style clothing site? Interesting concept.

Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmont saddle shoes again today.

View attachment 1606379

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, in Holmby Park earlier today.

Before the pandemic there were giant cannas growing behind this bench that blocked the view of trash cans.

View attachment 1606380

Prior to 2013 there was a British blog called "Look At My Fucking Red Trousers" which classified all red trouser wearers as toffs, hipsters, lunatics, notable wearers, or in McDonald's

If the blog still existed and this picture ended up in the blog, hope I would be classified in with the toffs.

Once again my belt did not match my shoes. Wore a Vineyard Vines mermaid belt today.

View attachment 1606381
That website may be designed to take the piss on red trousers, but somehow I want to wear a pair now. Likely it's just that @Roycru wears them so good!

Boulder drivers today. They still don't fit, but after rigorous break-in sessions, they don't quite squeeze the dickens out of my feet, but now the heel slip has returned. Oy! Still good enough for actual driving, though.

1620573621227.png

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feliz día de la madre. Strandmok for breakfast. Enjoy your day with your mothers.
68C12C8A-7904-4BF0-B7B3-611A0A3DD4D7.jpeg
54573F40-26C3-4054-9BFA-4B6D574CFB35.jpeg

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Where do Patriots fall on the formality scale compared to Rancourts pinch pennys? Would patriots and shorts be a no fly zone (I’d never wear oxfords and shorts nor jeans (I don’t even own a pair of oxfords))?
I wear Pats and shorts all the time.

also with jeans, chinos, and even odd trousers - very versatile shoe. Wouldn’t wear a LHS with a suit though.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my Ivory brethren. How do you plan on conditioning your pair? I just used my dust brush on them and there was some VSC on the brush from a shell pair that I worked on and it left some olive toned streaks on the Ivory pair. After about 10 minutes it went from oliveish to a pale brown bunch of steaks. I think this leather will be a little ugly before it turns color. But for now, make sure your brush is clean and dry.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my Ivory brethren. How do you plan on conditioning your pair? I just used my dust brush on them and there was some VSC on the brush from a shell pair that I worked on and it left some olive toned streaks on the Ivory pair. After about 10 minutes it went from oliveish to a pale brown bunch of steaks. I think this leather will be a little ugly before it turns color. But for now, make sure your brush is clean and dry.
I'd imagine some renomat could get the brown steaks off.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stand weave kind of day.
6E087F23-4DD6-4ECB-8E8B-56DD9D255FDC.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine some renomat could get the brown steaks off.
I would carefully check that, I think anything that has any oils in it would start the darkening process.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.