• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
I second this, gentlemen. Ashley herself will assist you if necessary, but Allen Edmonds has fabulous customer care. I have never come away being disapppointed by AE.

If you have a problem, contact the people who can help you.
Seconded. The CS is truly top notch.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt like a good day for some poorly tied Gobis. I know the Dundee and the Massdrop chukkas get a lot of love from this group, but I've got a real soft spot for these underrated chukkas. Sure, they've got volume to spare which means they look clunky, but I love everything about them from their tan saddle leather to the split reverse welt. Heck, I even like the Dainite soles. They just seem appropriate for this pair. About the only thing I'd change is that I'd give them 3 eyelets instead of 2, but that's just nit-picking.

IMG_4813.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1598592 View attachment 1598593
These are really great shoes. If it pains you to call this style a sneaker, then just call it a casual shoe instead. Fits true to size, is built well with quality materials, is super comfortable and just feels wonderful on foot.
is it just pictures or are the soles leaning towards the thicker side? that's the only thing turning me off about these

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it just pictures or are the soles leaning towards the thicker side? that's the only thing turning me off about these
Yes a little on the thicker side. However they are quite supportive and feel solid yet flexible.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
View attachment 1598592 View attachment 1598593
These are really great shoes. If it pains you to call this style a sneaker, then just call it a casual shoe instead. Fits true to size, is built well with quality materials, is super comfortable and just feels wonderful on foot.
Yes a little on the thicker side. However they are quite supportive and feel solid yet flexible.

I changed my mind when I saw your PA chill shell sneakers but I cannot get past this Tremont Suede Wingtip Derby Sneaker because every time I see it all I can think of is the Nike Air Force 1.

1619201134554.png

1619201339588.png

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same pair on today actually, they are buttery soft for being a boot!
One question, do you do any care for the leather on these? They are my first boot with Kudu
They get some conditioner every now and then. That’s about it.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Quick Question,

Is it safe to use shoe trees in the Vinci deerskin loafers? I ask as given how soft the leather is, I don't want to risk misshaping them.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick Question,

Is it safe to use shoe trees in the Vinci deerskin loafers? I ask as given how soft the leather is, I don't want to risk misshaping them.
If in doubt, I would not. Use crumpled up tissue to help keep their shape, similar to how they come when new.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered these, they are in a box at home. If they look like this I'll be pleased. I suffer from the "too many shoes" condition so pairs I order often sit in boxes for way longer than they should. Just ask the pair of whiskey shell Alden Indy's that haven't left the box. I'll have to make a note to pull these out this weekend. How does the sole feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads