• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Aenonymous

Reaction score
They have a ton of veg tanned leathers and entire families of veg tanned leather and not one of them is named “olive tanned leather”. Is giving information that difficult? Basically, it is veg tanned, now go away.
I think you're being a bit presumptive. With a quick google you can find:

a new Olive Tan from Horween that uses olive oil in a formula that replicates an industrial grade oil tan, enhanced with natural and pull-up characteristics that are bolstered by air drying for a tonal and textured irregular pebbled shrunken grain.

Also, she left the door open for you to ask follow up questions. Yeesh.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're being a bit presumptive. With a quick google you can find:

a new Olive Tan from Horween that uses olive oil in a formula that replicates an industrial grade oil tan, enhanced with natural and pull-up characteristics that are bolstered by air drying for a tonal and textured irregular pebbled shrunken grain.

Also, she left the door open for you to ask follow up questions. Yeesh.
I guess google is not as good here in Mexico. It just gave me olive colored calfs.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a ton of veg tanned leathers and entire families of veg tanned leather and not one of them is named “olive tanned leather”. Is giving information that difficult? Basically, it is veg tanned, now go away.
I took that answer to mean that olives were used in tanning this leather. Even if the website doesn’t describe this leather, I am going to trust that someone with the name “Horween” knows what they’re talking about.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took that answer to mean that olives were used in tanning this leather. Even if the website doesn’t describe this leather, I am going to trust that someone with the name “Horween” knows what they’re talking about.
See, if my last name was Horween, I would be incredibly excited about all the new leathers that the company makes. I would have given reasons why it is something to be sought after. Especially since it takes weeks to get the initial answer. Her reply left me feeling like it is just another leather. Nothing all that big a deal about.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
See, if my last name was Horween, I would be incredibly excited about all the new leathers that the company makes. I would have given reasons why it is something to be sought after. Especially since it takes weeks to get the initial answer. Her reply left me feeling like it is just another leather. Nothing all that big a deal about.
I disagree because if I was the must junior family member, 17th in line to the Horween throne, and the one stuck answering the customer emails 1000 times a day asking about types and finish of leathers we produced, I might have a bad attitude as well (i.e. think about Prince Harry who gave it up).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy