• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JR soles don’t care about some rain.
198A143C-6584-4BC6-8032-4060D7098DBB.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the hesitance around plates? It seems like the ideal solution for your requirements since it won't affect the aesthetics or feel of the double leather while ensuring that you don't burn through the toes.
I love plates. On this pair, though, I want something more grippy than the leather is all

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Allen Edmonds "Snuff" suede is more brown and darker than the Alden "Snuff" suede which is bit lighter and has more yellow in it. Interestingly, I would call the Allen Edmonds color "Cinnamon" and the Alden "Butterscotch" rather than calling them both "Snuff". Also note that every dye lot will be different.

Left = Carmina Brown suede
Left Center = Alden snuff suede
Right Center = Alden Hummus suede
Right = Allen Edmonds snuff suede

View attachment 1590213

More examples of Alden's "Snuff" suede and Allen Edmonds "Snuff" suede which can vary based on lighting.
View attachment 1590217 View attachment 1590215

A fair point. I LOVE my GMTO Macneils in “snuff” suede (a/k/a MacSuedes) but I call it brown. Definitely darker than most folks’ snuff or polo.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have any of you tried on the recent rendition of the Force 10 boat shoes? I tried some on today and they are 1000 percent better than the first iteration.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you tried on the recent rendition of the Force 10 boat shoes? I tried some on today and they are 1000 percent better than the first iteration.
I didn’t realize they had been revamped (slight pun intended). Any idea what is different?

I tried the original version, but it was too narrow in the toebox even though it was a EEE.

Now I’m gonna have to try them again. Thanks for the info!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW, @Roycru would be pleased to know that for folks on O’Connell’s email list, today’s featured shirt is an unfused, unlined OCBD in BUTTER YELLOW.

Was it on special sale pricing? I also know that @savvysartorial loves a classic OCBD with good collar roll.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it on special sale pricing? I also know that @savvysartorial loves a classic OCBD with good collar roll.

No, just the “everyday low price” of $165.

O’Connell’s is pretty old school and has avoided the trend of constant sales. They mark some things down 15-20% maybe twice per year. They seem to hang onto everything until it sells, no matter how long it takes, and supposedly have NOS going back years.

On the other hand, most of what they sell is “classic” so their stuff never really goes out of style. And it is nice stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads