• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Park Ave or Strands sneakers owners. How do you like yours so far?

considering finally a pair myself when they drop to $200 again.
I have two PA sneakers (one shell and the other leather), and I love them. They are super light and comfortable. I have a Carbon Strand Sneaker coming sometime also.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Roycru:

“Yes, have been wearing yellow OCBD shirts a lot recently. For some reason people now, unlike people in the sixties, have stopped wearing yellow shirts, so am trying to bring back yellow shirts.”

Back in their hey day I had a yellow Lands End Hyde Park OCBD in yellow that was built like a tank. I loved that shirt as well as an ecru one. Recently when Brooks Brothers was blowing out their MiUSA OCBD’s the closest I could get was white in a yellow check. I ended up getting two. From a distance it sort of resolves to a yellow. I have my eye on one from Mercer & Sons but might need to take out a small loan.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do enjoy my Strand sneakers. One observation however, is that they do not clear TSA at the airport. Not sure if there is something unique in the sneaker construction that triggers the alarm, but it does it every time.
That’s a good thing to note! When I travel, I usually take two pairs with me: a sneakerish shoe and a boot. I wear the boot on travel days becausebthe sneakerish shoe can pack easier

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Nice sale on Dalton boots. $240 before tax. Haven’t seen it this low ever. Guess it is not a boot season soon.
chelsea boot is also super low. $270 before tax.

questioned... $200 for Park Ave sneakers or $240 for Dalton boots

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Roycru:

“Yes, have been wearing yellow OCBD shirts a lot recently. For some reason people now, unlike people in the sixties, have stopped wearing yellow shirts, so am trying to bring back yellow shirts.”

Back in their hey day I had a yellow Lands End Hyde Park OCBD in yellow that was built like a tank. I loved that shirt as well as an ecru one. Recently when Brooks Brothers was blowing out their MiUSA OCBD’s the closest I could get was white in a yellow check. I ended up getting two. From a distance it sort of resolves to a yellow. I have my eye on one from Mercer & Sons but might need to take out a small loan.
I've got an ecru oxford, a pale yellow linen, and a white/yellow/blue vertical stripe, but I could totally live with a few more.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of bone Strandmoks. I don't know why - I don't even wear real people shoes anymore....
I am deciding between that and the red.... please tell me your thoughts

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
I am deciding between that and the red.... please tell me your thoughts
+1. I'm considering them as well as they seem a great candidate with jeans. My summer Woolymoks so to speak.

I've also been considering Cambridges but have to put V-tread on them, so a much bigger/expensive decision.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Carmina

• Crockett & Jones

• Other

Votes: 63 33.0%