• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least we have graduated to something a little nicer than plastic - except maybe the rug...
6033938A-3B88-45EC-B52C-A9B32AE5759F.jpeg
(I included the Wisconsin image to keep it AE relevant.)

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am on a roll with my boot purchases in the last few months. 3 pairs incoming from Black Friday sale (black Hamilton, cognac Hamilton, and tan Stirling). I've been eyeballing Long Branch for a while, but don't want to buy stuff made in DR. Then I found this vintage pair made in US. Looks to be lightly worn. Hope to get them in time for Christmas.

View attachment 1515591 View attachment 1515592 View attachment 1515593 View attachment 1515594 View attachment 1515595

Im not sure those can be genuine LB’s without red laces.:cool:

Nice find.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least we have graduated to something a little nicer than plastic - except maybe the rug...
View attachment 1515876
(I included the Wisconsin image to keep it AE relevant.)

Very nice set up but I only see six men on the line of scrimmage. That’s a penalty.

A pair of pigskin Leeds by the couch would have been a nice touch.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
I am on a roll with my boot purchases in the last few months. 3 pairs incoming from Black Friday sale (black Hamilton, cognac Hamilton, and tan Stirling). I've been eyeballing Long Branch for a while, but don't want to buy stuff made in DR. Then I found this vintage pair made in US. Looks to be lightly worn. Hope to get them in time for Christmas.

View attachment 1515591 View attachment 1515592 View attachment 1515593 View attachment 1515594 View attachment 1515595
I think the grain leather on those looks great - it’s a bit stiffer than the tumbled or CXL Long Branches, but I think it’s very sharp.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone size 10.5 and wanting some sharkskin here are some auctions to watch out for. The seller listed them as ‘Allen Edmunds,’ so they might not see much traction.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I grew up with plastic covers on the furniture. Alden is that equivalent. Just awful. Every run.

I am pretty happy with the color 8 I have from them. But that is the great thing about choices. It would be terrible if there were only one shoe company.

IMG_9762 2.jpg

IMG_9653 2.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the grain leather on those looks great - it’s a bit stiffer than the tumbled or CXL Long Branches, but I think it’s very sharp.

I can't wait to receive them. I've been phasing out shoes for boots since I am now working from home. More practical to wear boots in the Canadian winter which can last from November until May.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
I love lazy Sunday mornings. Dangerous though, as I frequently find myself shopping online.

I don't wear these as often anymore as they need a resole and AE no longer has the wedge sole in white in my size. Once we get through the holidays I think I'll send them to an independent and go with a non-AE wedge sole. Eagle Counties.

Eagle_County_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads