• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. What color is that ?

Grey. I think they did a run of grey and a run of blue (not navy) Conwallis, St John’s, and Daltons a few years back.

EDIT: See Madhat’s post.

I got these off of someone on Facebook for $70. They’re nice for casual outfits such as what I’m wearing today.
618881F1-DF73-4FE1-BCAF-B0FB5F838937.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As to riding to work, get yourself a pair of Shimano SPD pedals and waterproof mountain bike shoes (or boots) to go with them because you will be so much happier on the bike and then happier off the bike when you do not ruin your nice shoes and boots. 45NRTH makes some of the best winter/rain/waterproof mountain bike shoes.

I should have been more specific This is what I meant when I said riding to work:

Monster-937-13-Totali-Gallery-1920x1080.jpg

No riding boots are going to come in EEE so the HM's and Caens will have to do. I'm not a fan of the tumbled black HM seconds I got; they aren't bad just the leather isn't great. The Caen's aren't a great fit so I don't mind if they get scuffed a bit.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I should have been more specific This is what I meant when I said riding to work:

View attachment 1512589
No riding boots are going to come in EEE so the HM's and Caens will have to do. I'm not a fan of the tumbled black HM seconds I got; they aren't bad just the leather isn't great. The Caen's aren't a great fit so I don't mind if they get scuffed a bit.

Got it. For a short time when my wife dragged me kicking and screaming to live in NJ (oh, the horror), I rode this to the train station as well as on weekends, out to dinner, and for errands. I used it all year unless there was ice on the ground and wore LL Bean by Chippewa boots. Carried my "good shoes" in a backpack.

Honda SH150i
IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Got it. For a short time when my wife dragged me kicking and screaming to live in NJ (oh, the horror), I rode this to commute to the train station. I used it all year unless there was ice on the ground and wore LL Bean by Chippewa boots. Carried my "good shoes" in a backpack.

Honda SH150i
View attachment 1512601

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not really that bad. 150cc fueled injected and liquid cooled. Honda is good at scooters. 60mph with my wife on the back out to dinner and a movie. Where we lived in NJ (oh, the horror) we never really needed to get on a highway to get anywhere locally since we were so close to NYC.

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Marbled Cognac for me. I reached out to AE and learned my order was cancelled a month ago with no notice. :(

Call Ashley at theCharleston store. She will get you your shoes. Some of the online orders got bugged so they cancelled all of them instead of sending people shoes they didn’t order and having to take a crap load of loss on SMU shoes that people would try to return.

pedarius

Reaction score
7877A279-DA7A-4142-898B-D1997E2FC361.jpeg

Received yesterday, first wear today. These are my third Higgies and first non-shell but no drop off in quality. Leather definitely shows pull-up effect, so not sure why they don’t fix the “German waterproof calf” reference on the product page.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1512647
Received yesterday, first wear today. These are my third Higgies and first non-shell but no drop off in quality. Leather definitely shows pull-up effect, so not sure why they don’t fix the “German waterproof calf” reference on the product page.

I'm on the AE Website. Is that the 4258 Chili??
and What is pull-up effect??

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm on the AE Website. Is that the 4258 Chili??
and What is pull-up effect??
pull up effect is when you stretch the leather and it lightens. It's typically associated with CXL, but not exclusive to it.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads