• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone have any guidance on how Higgins Mill fits compared to 65 last? I'd be wearing thicker socks with the boot but they only come in 6.5 E and I'm a 6.5 C or D in 65 last with dress socks.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Anyone have any guidance on how Higgins Mill fits compared to 65 last? I'd be wearing thicker socks with the boot but they only come in 6.5 E and I'm a 6.5 C or D in 65 last with dress socks.
I wear the same size in both. I find the Higgins Mill is slightly more roomy and I do just that, wear thicker socks. I could see someone going down one size in width, but I’m happy with it. 11 3E in both for me.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you’ll need to wear pretty chunky boot socks for a 6.5E. Might work though.
I wear the same size in both. I find the Higgins Mill is slightly more roomy and I do just that, wear thicker socks. I could see someone going down one size in width, but I’m happy with it. 11 3E in both for me.
As you know, same sizing for me.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think you’ll need to wear pretty chunky boot socks for a 6.5E. Might work though.

As you know, same sizing for me.
Looks like no boots for me then. The only boots I want on the website only come in 6.5 E as the smallest size :(.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My 65 last vs my 1757 last. I wear a D in both, but wear a 1/2 down on my HM. I do have a an extremely high instep-- if that makes a damn bit of difference.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hig is wider from the ankle forward than the 65; about the same from the ankle back to the heel. I take 65 and HM in the same size and width.Hig has way more room than I need up front for the toes, loads of wiggle room, but it doesn't really matter. With a boot, getting that heel width just right, to make a nice pocket that locks you in place, is key. Going width up in the HM is probably not going to work for you.You won't get that nice heel pocket you need to hold you in place as you stride.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I got carried away today and completely forgot that you should not sit Indian style on pavement. While this will be easy to fix with some Saphir creme, please learn from my mistake.

View attachment 1511023
Ouch... scrapes can be cured and add patina

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the correct term is now "criss cross applesauce".
I wouldn’t even know what that meant. But just the other day my Native American friend actually used the term “off the reservation”. But in all fairness he said the sentence, “When I moved off the reservation, I had issues keeping my status in the nation”, but of course a younger person in the conversation took offense. Not sure how you would talk about moving off the reservation without using those words.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like no boots for me then. The only boots I want on the website only come in 6.5 E as the smallest size :(.
In my opinion, boots on the 511 last fit a little smaller than the 65 or 1757. You might be able to wear a size 7 in the 511.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I got carried away today and completely forgot that you should not sit Indian style on pavement. While this will be easy to fix with some Saphir creme, please learn from my mistake.

View attachment 1511023

I would like to echo these words of warning. I have done this on two different pairs of cordovan shoes within about a week of each other. Both times it happened on an apparently dirty gymnasium floor. I've all but fully corrected my carminas but not the aldens (yet). Not really that concerned about it since I know I can fix it with some time and a lot of elbow grease. That's most likely also the case with your pair, although calf is sometime a little more difficult in my experience.

You might be wondering how I managed to do this twice in a week. The first time it happened, I didnt notice the damage when I took my shoes off and thought my 2 year old daughter got into my shoe cabinet a scraped them up somehow. She's a wild child... although I felt some guilt about this assumption in hindsight, it wasn't without good cause, I can assure you of that. But anyway, after the second time then I knew what was up and realized that I was to blame for screwing up both pairs. From then on... no more shell to youth basketball!

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
Some of you guys are going to love these.

HigginsMill_4589_BurntSugarSuede_Angle_web.jpg

Love the dark brown suede with lug sole, and currently at a great price.
4D632DB2-FDBE-4D0C-A373-96BF7E54FE6A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads