• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not totally sure in sneakers but I am a 6.5 C/D in 65 last. Usually a 7-7.5 in sneakers like Nike / Adidas.
There's actually a really decent run of them in stores, but only a 10d in the warehouse, which is why I think they aren't showing online. There will be even more in December. I see an 8D, but they are manufactured down to a 7D. Look out later this month if you want to give that a shot.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! When was this? Them being $295 makes me think it must have been relatively recent. However, I've been following since late 2014, and I don't remember them during that run.
I forget the year, but I was thinking 2014-ish. Might have been more like 2012 though. (The Wayback Machine is being The Slower-Than-A-Lame-Horse-Drawn-Carriage Machine today)

srlclark

Reaction score
I forget the year, but I was thinking 2014-ish. Might have been more like 2012 though. (The Wayback Machine is being The Slower-Than-A-Lame-Horse-Drawn-Carriage Machine today)

I'm a bit surprised that they advertised them as "only" $275 back in 2012, or even 2014. I got my first pair of AE - cognac McTavish - from Nordstrom in January 2015 and they cost $176.90. I got a good discount, but I think the list price was $275. Perhaps it was $295. I'd have thought the Strandmok would be listed at the same price as the McTavish. It seems strange to say "only" of the list price.

Edit: I forgot these were Strands. That makes sense then. I think the list price of Strands was $365 in January 2015. But was it $385 then? Either way, the price hasn't risen that much since then given that it's been almost six years - the McTavishes and Strandmoks have almost caught up! I know that the mainline shoes went up to $425 at some point before going back down to $395.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that they advertised them as "only" $275 back in 2012, or even 2014. I got my first pair of AE - cognac McTavish - from Nordstrom in January 2015 and they cost $176.90. I got a good discount, but I think the list price was $275. Perhaps it was $295. I'd have thought the Strandmok would be listed at the same price as the McTavish. It seems strange to say "only" of the list price.

Edit: I forgot these were Strands. That makes sense then. I think the list price of Strands was $365 in January 2015. But was it $385 then? Either way, the price hasn't risen that much since then given that it's been almost six years - the McTavishes and Strandmoks have almost caught up! I know that the mainline shoes went up to $425 at some point before going back down to $395.
My mainline Norwiches were $325 full price (which I paid, and my local shop threw in trees for free for not buying online). They were selling at that price in 2012/13 I know. Strands would have been the same, so that’s a $50 discount at $275.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This man knows how to do a proper boot. Well done, bruh. We need GalwAE. :)

By the way, is that first pair rain or simpson, can't remember... love both of those.
Simpson and Oscar, respectively.
:fistbump:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance you would ever reintroduce the Strandmok in brighter colors of leather (e.g. blue/green - or something else)?

I've been begging them for a long time. While they didn't bring back the Strandmoks, they did create a nice olive Strand. Not the same thing, but still, a very nice new offering.

srlclark

Reaction score
I've been begging them for a long time. While they didn't bring back the Strandmoks, they did create a nice olive Strand. Not the same thing, but still, a very nice new offering.

The photos of that look about as olive-y (or greenish) as does Rancourt's shade of olive; that is to say, not very olive/green at all, but basically a shade of dark brown (in Rancourt's case) or dark grey (in AE's case), verging on black, and with just the barest hint of olive in AE's case and none whatsoever in Rancourt's case. Sort of the shoe equivalent of a charcoal or navy suit - as much black as grey/blue. Or the equivalent of the midnight navy that AE introduced a couple of years back.

I agree that it's nice to have these really dark shades of blue/green for the Strand, but as you say they're not really a substitute for the green/blue Strandmok/Neumok that they used to have.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mean like "You know, she is pretty, but no where near as beautiful as you"
No no. I usually say hey baby look at all the silicone that she is carrying around.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No no. I usually say hey baby look at all the silicone that she is carrying around.
My wife spent her career in Mammography, she can tell much better than me, and usually points it out. I often offered to help in the Mammo exams, but for some reason was always turned down :)

pbrandes

Reaction score
Since we're offering TS/webgem wish lists, I'd like to see a return of the old March Madness paradigm, where you could get an OG Neumok in any combination of available chromex colors:
March Madness.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads