• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Or a combination of leathers!

Such as shell with a suede shaft:

Or even more exotic:

I would do at least one more if the GalwAE was a thing. No madhat cone of shame here!

This man knows how to do a proper boot. Well done, bruh. We need GalwAE. :)

By the way, is that first pair rain or simpson, can't remember... love both of those.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insulting anyone is not an issue for me, I just feel out of place when I'm dressed up but surrounded by slobs.
I understand, but maybe, just maybe one of the slobs will think, or be told by their wife/girlfriend/whatever "Why don't you dress nice, like that guy?" You may convert a slob without even knowing it.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I understand, but maybe, just maybe one of the slobs will think, or be told by their wife/girlfriend/whatever "Why don't you dress nice, like that guy?" You may convert a slob without even knowing it.
Imagine comparing your girlfriend to other women to her face. :censored:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The green/blue Strandmok were on the 5 last. They had a Dainite sole - but to my mind, changing out a Dainite to a half-sole isn't a big enough difference to make it worthy of a new name. You can get Strands with a Dainite sole, a half-sole, or a leather sole, but they are still Strands. Should thus be the same with a Strandmok. (although as a matter of fact, I'm not sure that any Strandmok has ever had anything other than a Dainite sole). Same thing with contrast stitching. Perhaps the leather type is a big enough difference to merit a new name, though. I mean, they wouldn't sell a Strand that had distressed leather - that would make it a Strandmok. Overall, though, I think the Tinsel should just be called a Strandmok. But I still prefer the original blue Strandmok to this one with textured leather. Here are photos of it, taken by @ProfilaBinding:

You're not wrong, but the flat welt invalidates them as Strandmoks - keeps them as Strands. Regardless, it is a LIMITED WINTER EDITION, so it needs a winter name for fun's sake. If this was going to be offered as a full run seasonal item, yeah, call it a Strandmok or Strand (or Hamilton for my preferred boot variant).
And, you say that about the distressed leather Strand, but did you know there was a time before they started calling them Strandmoks that Strands could be had with reverse welts and more casual leathers?
1.jpg

These bad boys aren't Strandmoks...now I'm jealous of @BFT9000 again for finding a purple pair... :(

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Honestly that is more of a GMTO territory thing. We might be able to visit something like that in the future.
Is it possible to move away from shell for a trunk show in the future?

joman8390

Reaction score
Honestly that is more of a GMTO territory thing. We might be able to visit something like that in the future.
I can work with that!

Any further details on what GMTOs will look like and when they'll be available?

Thanks!

srlclark

Reaction score
Honestly, no. We are still kind of working all of that out. I'll let you know when we can run with our first creation though!

Is there any chance you would ever reintroduce the Strandmok in brighter colors of leather (e.g. blue/green - or something else)?

srlclark

Reaction score
You're not wrong, but the flat welt invalidates them as Strandmoks - keeps them as Strands. Regardless, it is a LIMITED WINTER EDITION, so it needs a winter name for fun's sake. If this was going to be offered as a full run seasonal item, yeah, call it a Strandmok or Strand (or Hamilton for my preferred boot variant).
And, you say that about the distressed leather Strand, but did you know there was a time before they started calling them Strandmoks that Strands could be had with reverse welts and more casual leathers? View attachment 1510206
These bad boys aren't Strandmoks...now I'm jealous of @BFT9000 again for finding a purple pair... :(

Nice! When was this? Them being $295 makes me think it must have been relatively recent. However, I've been following since late 2014, and I don't remember them during that run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads