• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srlclark

Reaction score
Yall need to stop talking about those damn blue shoes or I need to disappear from this forum for a few weeks! I DO NOT NEED TO BE PURCHASING THEM! STAAAAAAAHP!

Seems like this is basically a blue/navy Strandmok but the leather is slightly pebbled/grained (or at any rate has a texture to it). Are there any other differences? Either way, I wish they would just bring back the blue and green Strandmoks year round, instead. I have the green Neumok, so I wouldn't get the green Standmok, but I would love the blue one. For whatever reason, this blue Tinsel just doesn't appeal as much.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like this is basically a blue/navy Strandmok but the leather is slightly pebbled/grained (or at any rate has a texture to it). Are there any other differences? Either way, I wish they would just bring back the blue and green Strandmoks year round, instead. I have the green Neumok, so I wouldn't get the green Standmok, but I would love the blue one. For whatever reason, this blue Tinsel just doesn't appeal as much.
I LOVE the grained texture of those — especially with the contrasting white stitching. They look great and could be worn year-round.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Similar, but there are differences. The contrast stitch on upper and welt, the leather color/type/texture, flat welt, and combi sole. Depending on which Stranmok you are comparing to, you might be looking at a 201 lasted shoe, one without a leather sole, or even one with poron or other footbed padding. (I don't see padding on this one from the pics, not even a heel pad). The big thing for me is the boot variant. I had a second release Cronmok in navy CXL. I liked it a lot, apart from the horrendous color transfer to my socks, but I've never been the biggest fan of the Cronmok pattern. The Hamilton pattern is a perfect upgrade from that.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tupelos!

20201204_tupelos.jpg

joman8390

Reaction score
Every time someone posts these I can't help but think about the opportunity lost not having them in shell. The Landon is fine. But the Sullivan Street would have been even better!
Couldn't agree more, I'd jump so fast for a trunk show shell sullivan street.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clearly you want them real bad. Only one way to scratch that itch that I know about...
:hide:
I do. Problem is I’ve scratched that itch so much I have to wear one of those doggy cones so that I don’t die of blood loss from open wounds! Bear in mind this is only my winter rotation (summer is sadly overflowing cabinets)
D906F8AF-DF5D-4AB1-BB2E-D75C2968611F.jpeg
Never you mind that there’s actually an open space on the shelf with green HM an #8 Aldens. (Space below is my currently being worn JF button boots).

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do. Problem is I’ve scratched that itch so much I have to wear one of those doggy cones so that I don’t die of blood loss from open wounds! Bear in mind this is only my winter rotation (summer is sadly overflowing cabinets)
View attachment 1510156 Never you mind that there’s actually an open space on the shelf with green HM an #8 Aldens. (Space below is my currently being worn JF button boots).
Well, I have to admit that your winter rotation is bigger than my entire collection, and wearing the cone of shame has got to be a drag, but maybe you could squeeze those Tinsels in with the brushes and such... ;)

srlclark

Reaction score
Similar, but there are differences. The contrast stitch on upper and welt, the leather color/type/texture, flat welt, and combi sole. Depending on which Stranmok you are comparing to, you might be looking at a 201 lasted shoe, one without a leather sole, or even one with poron or other footbed padding. (I don't see padding on this one from the pics, not even a heel pad). The big thing for me is the boot variant. I had a second release Cronmok in navy CXL. I liked it a lot, apart from the horrendous color transfer to my socks, but I've never been the biggest fan of the Cronmok pattern. The Hamilton pattern is a perfect upgrade from that.

The green/blue Strandmok were on the 5 last. They had a Dainite sole - but to my mind, changing out a Dainite to a half-sole isn't a big enough difference to make it worthy of a new name. You can get Strands with a Dainite sole, a half-sole, or a leather sole, but they are still Strands. Should thus be the same with a Strandmok. (although as a matter of fact, I'm not sure that any Strandmok has ever had anything other than a Dainite sole). Same thing with contrast stitching. Perhaps the leather type is a big enough difference to merit a new name, though. I mean, they wouldn't sell a Strand that had distressed leather - that would make it a Strandmok. Overall, though, I think the Tinsel should just be called a Strandmok. But I still prefer the original blue Strandmok to this one with textured leather. Here are photos of it, taken by @ProfilaBinding:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's called marketing, change the name, make it limited edition, release near a holiday and create a buzz, but carry on

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time someone posts these I can't help but think about the opportunity lost not having them in shell. The Landon is fine. But the Sullivan Street would have been even better!

Or a combination of leathers!

Such as shell with a suede shaft:
FFA3FE84-DFE5-4AB2-BE29-2332A8E71405.jpeg

Or even more exotic:
7C8EE9E0-E439-414A-A7BA-B47756BCF982.jpeg

I would do at least one more if the GalwAE was a thing. No madhat cone of shame here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads