• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Williamsburg came in. The Walnut carries a different overall vibe/feel than the Coffee ones I tried on in store. I think these will be best once beat up some. They’re too clean right now!

In other news, Amazon supposedly getting 2nd’s strikes again. Don’t know what it’s called, LOL, but basically the little holes where the flap connects on one seems like they were off and redone. It’s very slight. I didn’t even notice until looking close. Concerning?

these were less than 1/2 price so if it doesn’t affect the structure I plan to keep them

View attachment 1508238 View attachment 1508239

Can you see the holes when laced and tightened? If not, I would chalk that up as a solid win!

PANJ

Reaction score
Waxed suede McTavish. Just wearing them around the house to break them in.
B144CEEE-0C88-45DC-8C44-7D21F07903CB.jpeg

PANJ

Reaction score
Serious question for those of you with shoes in both the 65 and 201 last do you change your size for them? If so which way do you go from your current 65 size?
I only own 1 shoe on the 201 last and 3 on the 65, but I wear the same size in both (13D)

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
By the way, speaking of black shoes, I would much prefer to have a black macneil than a black pa. FAR more useful of a shoe in my humble opinion. Y'all inspired me to pull out my pair today.

View attachment 1508281
I wear my Macneil 2.0's as a business casual shoe when I wear black/grey clothing. Works well. I don't think I could wear something with so much brogueing while in a suit.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's hot. The silver laces are a bit silly, but who cares?!? Is this another Jewish festive (or other, sorry for my ignorance) model? I know there was a previous shoe that was black/blue as I recall as an alternative festive shoe to the red/green.
...I think I'd rather have these than my navy shell Strands...
I love these so much. I love the silver laces, love the solid blue, love the contrast stitching. As soon as I saw these I died.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love these so much. I love the silver laces, love the solid blue, love the contrast stitching. As soon as I saw these I died.
Along the same vein as the CLX navy Strandmoks from years past.
The boots are even better...

Gotta say, since you took over the Grassroots Web Executive position (or whatever your title is), they've been knocking out some killer stuff. I'm going to put all the blame (or credit) on you.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, hope you are feeling better Ashley!
What is the leather on the new blue Hamiltons? Looks like a grain? or tumbled?
Great color and I like the v-tread soles!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope people are up for another version of "What would you choose and why?"
(I wish there was a way to put a poll in an existing thread)

If you could only have 2 Allen Edmonds dress shoes that needed to cover all of your dress-up wardrobe occasions (tux, suit, sport coat and tie for work, weddings, funerals, etc.) what would they be?

The first shoe is a given: black Park Avenue

What is your second shoe, in what color, and why that one?:
  • Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Strand
  • Cigar, Coffee, Dark Chili, Mahogany, Oxblood, Walnut

Personally, I am very torn. Limited to 2 shoes Walnut is out immediately because it is the least versatile color IMHO. I really like Oxblood but think it may be more limited than Chili or Mahogany or even Coffee so its a pass as well. I like the Strand but it is too casual if I can only have 2 dress shoes. Maybe a Fifth Avenue when I am only wearing a sport coat (or when I am not wearing a navy or gray suit). My choices would be:

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Fifth Avenue - dark chili
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar
Childs play. Mahogany 5th ave and burgundy Cambridge.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads