• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whenever I go to reset my account password on AE site I never get the email and it's not even in my spam folder either.

edit: Well I had to make a new account and got an additional 15% off of some new PA I needed. Not bad for $213 shipped.

As-if I needed another reason to check the AE website.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got several inches of snow, so I went with a lugged boot today.
Yuma, brown bison.
ADE0CFF4-F272-4FAB-A926-52AC67BB957B.jpeg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got several inches of snow, so I went with a lugged boot today.
Yuma, brown bison.
View attachment 1508017
Nice moccasin stitch boots - and Bison is a bonus! I didn't have my current appreciation for this style when those were available. I've now filled my moccasin hole with offerings from others.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hope people are up for another version of "What would you choose and why?"
(I wish there was a way to put a poll in an existing thread)

If you could only have 2 Allen Edmonds dress shoes that needed to cover all of your dress-up wardrobe occasions (tux, suit, sport coat and tie for work, weddings, funerals, etc.) what would they be?

The first shoe is a given: black Park Avenue

What is your second shoe, in what color, and why that one?:
  • Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Strand
  • Cigar, Coffee, Dark Chili, Mahogany, Oxblood, Walnut

Personally, I am very torn. Limited to 2 shoes Walnut is out immediately because it is the least versatile color IMHO. I really like Oxblood but think it may be more limited than Chili or Mahogany or even Coffee so its a pass as well. I like the Strand but it is too casual if I can only have 2 dress shoes. Maybe a Fifth Avenue when I am only wearing a sport coat (or when I am not wearing a navy or gray suit). My choices would be:

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Fifth Avenue - dark chili
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you could only have 2 Allen Edmonds dress shoes that needed to cover all of your dress-up wardrobe occasions (tux, suit, sport coat and tie for work, weddings, funerals, etc.) what would they be?

Personally, I am very torn. Limited to 2 shoes Walnut is out immediately because it is the least versatile color IMHO. I really like Oxblood but think it may be more limited than Chili or Mahogany or even Coffee so its a pass as well. I like the Strand but it is too casual if I can only have 2 dress shoes. Maybe a Fifth Avenue when I am only wearing a sport coat (or when I am not wearing a navy or gray suit). My choices would be:

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar
I would choose a chili Strand as #2.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar
Oxblood goes with both charcoal and navy suits. Since you said for dress-up wardrobe then I'd stay with PA. However, my oxblood FA have gotten me more compliments than any other shoe and can be worn with a suit if you wish.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar
I’d be tempted to skip black altogether (I have absolutely worn navy wholecuts with a tux), but a black PA is not my style.
1. Black Rutledge
2. Strand in burgundy shell (burg / chili goes with everything)

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Sheltons popped up on the Shoebank a few days ago. I called the Port Washington Shoebank location to ask about them. I talked with Issabel and learned that they had come back from a closed store in Italy (weird). I love my current Sheltons so I had to buy - particularly at 30% off. Final price was $102.90.

For seconds from 2011 or so, they look great. Ordered on Friday morning, delivered Sunday morning!

. View attachment 1507398 View attachment 1507399 View attachment 1507400 View attachment 1507401
Whoa, a denim couch cover?! Props man.

In other news, who else is still waiting on their trunk show order?

JRC

Reaction score

Safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Park Avenue - coffee
Not as safe choice:
  • Park Avenue - black
Fun choice
  • Park Avenue - black
  • Strand - Cigar
I prefer the Carlye in black and the strand in oxblood. Both of which I currently own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads