• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the 3 last (73)? I found an old pair of AE Chester shoes that look appealing but I think this last is now defunct. Curious if anyone has experience with it and might be able to share some experience about the shape and fit as it compares to more common lasts.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Saphir shoe creams are you guys using on your Chili finishes? Pics would be greatly appreciated!
76F445FF-AFEC-4DCD-B8F0-141897E7D705.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the 3 last (73)? I found an old pair of AE Chester shoes that look appealing but I think this last is now defunct. Curious if anyone has experience with it and might be able to share some experience about the shape and fit as it compares to more common lasts.

Really wide in the ball (like the 1757), but the height volume is a little lower than the 65. I've had experience with the Walton and the instep is pretty low like the 65. It might be different for the balmorals, as I have no experience with them on the 73. I would say, take your usual size with the 73. It's a shorter last and easy for walking.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Really wide in the ball (like the 1757), but the height volume is a little lower than the 65. I've had experience with the Walton and the instep is pretty low like the 65. It might be different for the balmorals, as I have no experience with them on the 73. I would say, take your usual size with the 73. It's a shorter last and easy for walking.

Thanks, this is very helpful. But just to clarify, when you say take my usual size are you meaning, effectively, my brannock or take my usual 65 size?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is very helpful. But just to clarify, when you say take my usual size are you meaning, effectively, my brannock or take my usual 65 size?

I just meant go with whatever your most common size is. If you don't have a usual size, I personally take the same size in Walton as I do for all my 65 last shoes.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I just meant go with whatever your most common size is. If you don't have a usual size, I personally take the same size in Walton as I do for all my 65 last shoes.

I can wear no less than 5 different 65 last sizes (some better than others, naturally). It's a very funky last for me since I have a high instep and something like a D or E width. It's like the impossible catch-22 between vgap, heel fit, and toe cap creasing, lol. But anyway if you are telling me that the 73 runs a little shorter than the 65 than I think the pair I found will probably work and they are in one of my 65 last sizes, albeit one that I avoid in the strand since I'll crease through the cap, which annoys me.

thanks again for the input.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah the Walton reminds me of my wife. Long split toe (********) short apron (small boobs) tight instep (thin waist) all on a solid base (muy bien nalgas y piernas). And that is why I love both.
A93E8658-9250-46DF-B0FF-0F4C709E90EE.jpeg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What better boot to wear to start December?
0271630F-70E6-4BEE-9B7C-75CEA0CE1847.jpeg
We will be lucky to get out of the 50’s today and lows tomorrow in the 30’s (gasp)! I think I need to break out the shearling lined slippers for tomorrow. Of course, I may look a little silly ordering a McRib sandwich for lunch tomorrow wearing slippers, but....

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What better boot to wear to start December?
View attachment 1508004
We will be lucky to get out of the 50’s today and lows tomorrow in the 30’s (gasp)! I think I need to break out the shearling lined slippers for tomorrow. Of course, I may look a little silly ordering a McRib sandwich for lunch tomorrow wearing slippers, but....
Nice boot, I wore the matching shoe this morning and ever swapped in the candy cane laces since it is that season, with an ugly sweater to match since I'm in similar weather here in the east coast.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
40% off.... dang. Just when I thought recent sales were good.

guess I will wait for 50% off now. ?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whenever I go to reset my account password on AE site I never get the email and it's not even in my spam folder either.

edit: Well I had to make a new account and got an additional 15% off of some new PA I needed. Not bad for $213 shipped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads