• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's just something about FB and Twitter that people act like they are anonymous when communicating. I used to occasionally troll the guitar boards when I was 15 and would post things like "Geddy Lee is the worst singer ever". But as I got older, I valued places on the internet where people communicated as if they were sitting next to them. This is one of those rare places and I hope we keep it that way.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's just something about FB and Twitter that people act like they are anonymous when communicating. I used to occasionally troll the guitar boards when I was 15 and would post things like "Geddy Lee is the worst singer ever". But as I got older, I valued places on the internet where people communicated as if they were sitting next to them. This is one of those rare places and I hope we keep it that way.
I am on a telecaster forum, and agree on Geddy Lee ;)

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't visit the FB page, but the sad thing is this: New guy buys his first pair of AE, which I have a feeling he was pretty proud of, so posted a pix. The decent thing to do, would be to say something along the lines of "Welcome to the community"
One of my favourite quotes.
"...I do think socializing on the internet is to socializing, what reality TV is to reality..."
- Aaron Sorkin

I "finally" joined FB a few years ago because my wife was sick of me asking her to see photos and updates of "my side" of the family. Within a few days I came to the conclusion that FB, like most social media, is filled with pictures of peoples children, food, and cats (specifically cat videos). As quickly as I found all those "FB friends" over the course of my first week on FB, I used my second week on FB to cull my list to only family.

A few months ago I joined the AE FB group. And then a few days later, I left it realizing it was not for me. If you want to know why, read the many reasons posted here as they all seem to fit my reasons for leaving as well.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I "finally" joined FB a few years ago because my wife was sick of me asking her to see photos and updates of "my side" of the family. Within a few days I came to the conclusion that FB, like most social media, is filled with pictures of peoples children, food, and cats (specifically cat videos). As quickly as I found all those "FB friends" over the course of my first week on FB, I used my second week on FB to cull my list to only family.

A few months ago I joined the AE FB group. And then a few days later, I left it realizing it was not for me. If you want to know why, read the many reasons posted here as they all seem to fit my reasons for leaving as well.
Company I retired from, required me to have a FB page, so I spent some time poking around there. Still have a homepage, or whatever it is called, haven't posted in over 4 yrs. I do frequent a friends FB page relating to cooking, but other than that....couldn't care less. I like it here, generally more friendly, less BS, and we all like shoes.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cats! At least we will never see a cat picture in this safe space.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cats! At least we will never see a cat picture in this safe space.
yep
116455564_1415874718616407_8116022626399318180_n.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any 9 D guys interested in these for $100? I'm not for certain they are D-width, but I would think most likely they are.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if we’ve breached the cat barrier....

Milhouse finished his 84 days daily shots and entered the “observation phase” of his treatment a few weeks ago. He seems to be doing well.
7534B89C-8584-400A-A299-23B5B00A5D0F.jpeg

dc_slicker

Reaction score

dc_slicker

Reaction score
It appears to be a New Jersey based company that sells a lot of Alden. I've never bought from them, but they appear to be legit.
I am 9D. But like you said the width is not specified, if it is EEE I will be out of $100 ?

thank you for heads up through

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 9D. But like you said the width is not specified, if it is EEE I will be out of $100 ?

thank you for heads up through

Maybe call tomorrow? I'm sure they could check for you. $100 is a steal for those.

Edit: Ok, I should have done this sooner, but READ the Yelp reviews before buying. Some are a bit concerning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads