• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of this talk of Bradleys made me want a pair. F2s in burgundy incoming!

Navy 5th Streets for tonight.

35888CAB-D6A5-4025-B14E-475038019761.jpeg
C5303D86-0266-4E82-956E-5C5BEE19F6AB.jpeg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like AE had some extra textured leather left over from the year and decided to make those and the PA in brown textured leather. I didn't "hate it", but it didn't really appeal to me.

I'm going to try to go to the AE store tomorrow. There actually is something I was interested in during RDA that I didn't buy. But now that it's over, probably will have to wait until 2021.

What were you interested in?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were you interested in?

The natural Higgins Mill. I need to see them in person to make a prudent decision.

You know what I noticed this week about the Higgins? It was $350 (retail)in 2016, and it's now $445 (retail) in 2020. Of course, it went on sale in 2016 for $250, and it's been on sale recently for $295. I'm just pointing out that I didn't notice how much the price had climbed in 4 years.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The natural Higgins Mill. I need to see them in person to make a prudent decision.

You know what I noticed this week about the Higgins? It was $350 (retail)in 2016, and it's now $445 (retail) in 2020. Of course, it went on sale in 2016 for $250, and it's been on sale recently for $295. I'm just pointing out that I didn't notice how much the price had climbed in 4 years.
A prudent shoe decision. Those words make no sense now.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Tupelo by any other name would look as sweet?
I think that was the problem with the Tupelo. Not named Strandmok. The only difference is the Tupelo is unlined and premium leather.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday folks! Maiden voyage for my Trunk Show purchase. Unfortunately my pants bunched up when I took the photo. Rookie mistake. Ah well...it is Friday!

View attachment 1487308
Beautiful shoes!

I'm also wearing my Higgins in CXL today with some selvedge denim. They too were the boots that started me down the AE road about a year and a half ago. Curious if these are the gateway into AE shoes/boots for most on here? With the exception of @BFT9000 since Higgins do not contain the correct medallion!
My entry (gateway drug) were PA's in 1990.
They were not my first AEs, but they were my first that were not dress shoes.
Not my first AEs--that honor goes to Black calf Parks...by many years. Black Parks are classics, and have more hours on my feet, in bus. settings, than any shoe has or will have.

But the Higgins Mills natty CXL boots were my first AE boots, and they are winners. Wore them today and enjoyed them as much as I always have.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still don't know my "perfect" fit yet, however I have more Strandmok's than any other AE shoe, so my thought is they are trying to hard to fit into another category
Seems like Strandmoks have some distinct fit differences across the different Strandmok types.

nzahir

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am an 8e in AE, can also fit a 7.5eee with the tongue pads.

How would I size in the Penny or Italian loafers?

Do I stick with the 8e? Worried they may be too loose without laces. I have a wide and flat foot, so maybe loafers are a no go with AE?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am an 8e in AE, can also fit a 7.5eee with the tongue pads.

How would I size in the Penny or Italian loafers?

Do I stick with the 8e? Worried they may be too loose without laces. I have a wide and flat foot, so maybe loafers are a no go with AE?
Wish I knew the answer. Grayson does not fit me but Acheson does. Some loafers a use 9.5B others fit in 9.5C and even 9.5D. With loafers finding the best match possible for your foot is even more important.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to find the shoe for the day is getting harder and harder. Have not worn the Ugly Macs in a while and I love this shoe.
A2763A6E-C506-43F3-B000-9D1E70F1FA7D.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics