• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My very first pair of AE - I still love them.
20170724_172734.jpg

Heading to the country for a weekend of clearing brush & bush-hogging. Brown shell HM's to travel (HM's were beyond #40 in my shoe purchases.)
20201030_150103.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides AE, I'm a big Rancourt fan. But I couldn't pass up Quoddy's current 35% off sale for in-stock merch! Quoddy rarely has sales. Just ordered 2 pairs of hand-sewns. Use code NEW35.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday folks! Maiden voyage for my Trunk Show purchase. Unfortunately my pants bunched up when I took the photo. Rookie mistake. Ah well...it is Friday!

View attachment 1487308
Everyone knows to grab your crotch and pull up. Works for me.

caktaylor

Reaction score
I'm also wearing my Higgins in CXL today with some selvedge denim. They too were the boots that started me down the AE road about a year and a half ago. Curious if these are the gateway into AE shoes/boots for most on here? With the exception of @BFT9000 since Higgins do not contain the correct medallion!

They were not my first AEs, but they were my first that were not dress shoes.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Friday friends,

Just got home from a week in Southern Utah. When grandma passed we kept the house, it is a nice getaway at times. Some of you may remember your grandmother's carpet, and it may have been like this. I was born in 67 and this was already about 6-7 years old.

Discovery Derbies, I found these to be extremely comfortable around town. I'll be interested to see how the sole lasts, it seems pretty soft.

Discovery_Derby_25.jpg

I was able to make it out to the desert for some recreation, it was mid 70's and sunny. CXL HMs earning their keep.

HM_Desert_25.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like AE had some extra textured leather left over from the year and decided to make those and the PA in brown textured leather. I didn't "hate it", but it didn't really appeal to me.

I'm going to try to go to the AE store tomorrow. There actually is something I was interested in during RDA that I didn't buy. But now that it's over, probably will have to wait until 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads