• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have thought about my list of 7 that I could be happy with the rest of my life.
  1. Snuff suede HM.
  2. Snuff suede Strand.
  3. Chocolate suede BB MacNeil.
  4. Chocolate suede Plymouth.
  5. Rudolph.
  6. Woollymok.
  7. Burnished Olive Strand weave.
    FEDD6290-10AA-413C-BC30-455F5C84E6A8.jpeg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m always considering the minimalist lineup. Limited to 7, I’d chose the following:

1. Black cap toe oxford
2. *Burgundy quarter brogue oxford
3. Burgundy plain toe blucher
4. *Brown long wing blucher
5. *Burgundy tassel loafer
6. Brown penny loafer
7. Brown plain toe boot

I think that covers most of the formality hierarchy including seasonality and geography. I starred the selections I would omit if forced to go down to only a 4 shoe wardrobe.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 7:
Black MacNeil.
Black Testoni Croco Derby.
Navy Strand.
Olive Strand.
Walnut Boulevard.
Tan Strandmok.
Chocolate Suede Martigani Chukka.

To be clear:
#1. My all-time favorite shoe "in the whole damn world" is the Chippewa boot.
#2. Asics running sneaker.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I wear my Dalton’s I keep getting persistent comments about how I finally bought footwear not made in the USA. Depending on the place of birth, I am getting made in Mexico or made in Italy.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For decades, I was satisfied with owning and utilizing always a few less than "Just" Seven Shoes. Hmmmm. So why now would this exercise seem so hard? Oh. I see why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-25-11-53-39.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-25-11-53-39.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 24

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoelikeclockwork strikes again. Not my size. If you are a 10D making an offer of 75% would most likely get you in this fine boot.
E794EFBE-5481-4807-AF9C-2850A2268689.png

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would rather see a list of seven shoes for spring/ summer and seven shoes for fall/winter.
It wouldn’t change a thing for me.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice boot, too much. That’s shell cordovan pricing.
Natty CXL, Alden, and their Shell pricing is around $840. Their regular casual leathers are around $590. At 25% off you are right at regular pricing. The one thing I like about this eBay store is that he does not get insulted by 50% offers. He will get back to you and after some exchanges you can find out what his bottom line is.

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty CXL, Alden, and their Shell pricing is around $840. Their regular casual leathers are around $590. At 25% off you are right at regular pricing. The one thing I like about this eBay store is that he does not get insulted by 50% offers. He will get back to you and after some exchanges you can find out what his bottom line is.
I think folks are taking the natty CXL situation way too seriously. It’s not that it’s going away, some of the buyers were getting too many customer complaints about the variances in the hides and decided to not order as much. This came from Skip, while were standing next to stacks of the stuff. As I was scratching it with my fingernails and rubbing it out. Phrasing, boom! Lol!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would rather see a list of seven shoes for spring/ summer and seven shoes for fall/winter.

I get it, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the exercise. Limiting to 7 total should help inform what are the most important, well loved, and multi-purposed shoes we own (or would like to own).

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think folks are taking the natty CXL situation way too seriously. It’s not that it’s going away, some of the buyers were getting too many customer complaints about the variances in the hides and decided to not order as much. This came from Skip, while were standing next to stacks of the stuff. As I was scratching it with my fingernails and rubbing it out. Phrasing, boom! Lol!
I agree on that as every pair of Natty anything that I have owned has eventually become mid brown. But the very light Natty fan club does exist. I would watch this pair but l just don’t want the constant emails for a pair that is not my size anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads