• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finished up a long and difficult project at work. Usually, my wife and I might go out for a nice dinner over the weekend. But, we are saving up for our house purchase and furniture shopping.

I still wanted to treat myself, so I got out my Allen Edmonds MacNeil LWB in burgundy Shell. My goodness these are amazing shoes.

I have had these for a while. I had tried on the right shoe pre Today was the first try on of both shoes. I’m having a hard time finding a special occasion suitable for their first wearing.

I had to brush a tiny bit of bloom. I take that as a good sign that they are well conditioned.

8C3B80FD-688C-4CAA-9730-2A5B65B13164.jpeg
BBA229F5-936A-471D-B6F3-2542F2D64D4F.jpeg
4518C013-6388-4EA6-A8B2-343270078C7D.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad you used the word psychology because that is what most sales and marketing are based on, getting you to do things that you would normally not do (i.e. purchase shoes you do not necessarily need).

Stop. Please. This statement is so far off from reality, it discredits anything you say.

Let's all leave the armchair psychology for another time and place and go back to posting all about AE shoes. We'll all be much better off for it.

Sincerely,

Donkey
(20+ years in Marketing)

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Stop. Please. This statement is so far off from reality, it discredits anything you say.

Let's all leave the armchair psychology for another time and place and go back to posting all about AE shoes. We'll all be much better off for it.

Sincerely,

Donkey
(20+ years in Marketing)

It actually discredits you to not own up to it as a person who has worked in marketing for 20+ years. I worked in advertising for many years, so I know of what I speak. Sales 101 includes personality training so you know how to communicate (aka manipulate) the customer. Let's at least be honest about it. Sales, Marketing, and Advertising are all strategies/tactics/campaigns meant to separate people from their money in trade for stuff they often do not need.

I'll just leave this here for now:

And maybe this one too:

I'm done.

Last edited:

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to have a fit problem with my strands. My left shoe has a different fit than the right. The left flares out a bit when I wear it. My foot seems to pushing at the edge which the right doesn’t do.

Does anyone else have this issue? Wondering if the left shoe was made a little different or if my left foot is causing this. They are seconds and it could actually be the reason they are.
I know the Tate isn’t loved much, but anyone have experience with a squeaky chukka? Seems it’s near the lacing but it might be within the shoe construction. Basically wondering if it’ll stick around. If they’re forever squeaky than I don’t want to deal with them
I was searching for shoe squeak and found your post. I had the same across the top of the foot with a single monk strap. A tiny bit of mink oil did the trick.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just thinking about my collection and realized that I am about 20% strand/stand pattern shoes. Is my portfolio unbalanced?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was just thinking about my collection and realized that I am about 20% strand/stand pattern shoes. Is my portfolio unbalanced?

I'm not sure what to tell you because my wife keeps telling me to stop buying the same style and color of shoe.

Why is that she cannot see how different they all are?

IMG_2326.jpg

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unbalanced? Sir, Your damn collection is to die for or kill for!! You have a taste of everything.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Answer depends upon what size you are and the likelihood that I can purloin rare shell strands from your rotation.

rxcats

Reaction score
Beautiful! Do you have any top down photos? Interested in how the green Landon with the light welt looks from above.
Took a few quick photos just after I left the AE store near Union Square (SF). Here is one top down.

Attachments

• PXL_20201022_234304087.jpg
    PXL_20201022_234304087.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 28

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your copper pair looks a lot like my bourbon pair. Out of those 4, I like the copper and cigar the most. Cigar kind of has hints of oxblood, at least the faded oxblood that is not so bright. But honestly, cigar has its own unique thing going on.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your copper pair looks a lot like my bourbon pair. Out of those 4, I like the copper and cigar the most. Cigar kind of has hints of oxblood, at least the faded oxblood that is not so bright. But honestly, cigar has its own unique thing going on.
I actually don't like the bourbon color much. I love my cigar pair, and I think copper looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads