• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedarius

Reaction score
C7CB4167-6604-4379-A851-F8F7BBB1583B.jpeg

Navy Higgins . . . sat out the latest trunk show because a lot of my existing shell just isn’t getting the wear it deserves. Trying to rectify that a little (so I can justify more buying in future of course).

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1482180
Navy Higgins . . . sat out the latest trunk show because a lot of my existing shell just isn’t getting the wear it deserves. Trying to rectify that a little (so I can justify more buying in future of course).
What welt color and sole are on those? Also, which laces? I love the look of those rope laces!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the forecasts of mid-70s here in the Chicago 'burbs were greatly exaggerated. Thought I would get one more good wear out of the unnamed blue suede chukkas before I nestled them snugly in a box in the closet alongside the MassDrop chukkas. Probably should have gone a different route today. Mistakes were made. Mistakes that I regret deeply. Binders full of mistakes. But, I will soldier on . . . in blue suede. I'd like to say I'll be smarter tomorrow, but I think we all know that won't be true.

IMG_4279.jpg

pedarius

Reaction score
What welt color and sole are on those? Also, which laces? I love the look of those rope laces!
Brown welt with translucent brown edge staining from one of the 2019 trunk shows--the only color available then. Sole is double JR.

Laces are Guarded Goods 48" braided in brown. I find flat laces annoying because some OCD defect in my personality won't let me wear without de-twisting them each time, and these are one of the few round laces out there that has enough bulk to match well with a service boot style IMHO.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown welt with translucent brown edge staining from one of the 2019 trunk shows--the only color available then. Sole is double JR.

Laces are Guarded Goods 48" braided in brown. I find flat laces annoying because some OCD defect in my personality won't let me wear without de-twisting them each time, and these are one of the few round laces out there that has enough bulk to match well with a service boot style IMHO.

I've never been a huge fan of the HM, but I think that's because it's on Dainite. The Double JR sole makes it much more appealing to me! Do you have more pics to share?

And which color of those Guarded Goods laces did you order to pair with your Navy HM? Burgundy?

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Do you guys think Higgins Mill can be worn with a suit or dress pants? Especially flannel dress pants?

For some reason I have a hard time thinking they are slim enough to go much more formal beyond chinos or jeans.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Do you guys think Higgins Mill can be worn with a suit or dress pants? Especially flannel dress pants?

For some reason I have a hard time thinking they are slim enough to go much more formal beyond chinos or jeans.

Perhaps some sort of casual suit with no tie, yes. Not a traditional business suit in my opinion. Pants would depend on the type, color and make; I suppose black shell HM would look okay with some flannel pants, but most likely ones without a cuff.

All in all, HM is a work boot; while it can work with business casual, i think it depends on how casual and what pants exactly.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

pedarius

Reaction score
And which color of those Guarded Goods laces did you order to pair with your Navy HM? Burgundy?
Brown. Matches the piping and welt. I like the contrast more than navy (their "sapphire" colorway) because it helps these fill more of a "brown" rather than a "blue" role in matching clothes.

Strictly IMHO for the Higgins Mill:
- Suit: No way, no how
- Dress trousers: Ehh, not really. I guess with certain flannels or tweeds, but a jumper boot (First Ave or Landon, in AE's catalogue) or brogue (Dalton, Hamilton) works sooo much better, as the military style or country style resonates well with sporting dress.
- Chinos/Cords: Sure, all day long, especially in shell and/or with a leather sole. Although a work/service boot style, the HM is sleeker than some and is fine for this.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1482180
View attachment 1482228
enjoy my choco suede Liverpools, but for me the black calf ‘pool is the classic.
I went with bison for a second day in a row. These are the AE Yuma.
I think that these look like “autumn.”
View attachment 1481366

You guys must have people that really love you. No one would would ever get on the ground to take those angle/profile photographs of my shoes. No one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads