• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya missed on the Jay Leno Double Denim look...why black Levis?!? Just the same shade or slightly darker (if you must) is fine!
Indeed, I am not shy of the double denim look but whenever I have done so I have broken it up with a contrast belt and matching pair of shoes, like a Hamilton in Cognac or Indy 405 pumpkins lately.
I see I like I wear, end of story :)

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting at a hospital for my wife and future son to return. The cooler overcast day called for the Overlord.
20201020_103126.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Attachments

• 6CDEBC98-0448-4AB6-A5BB-FFC86B9F0314.jpeg
    6CDEBC98-0448-4AB6-A5BB-FFC86B9F0314.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 24

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting at a hospital for my wife and future son to return. The cooler overcast day called for the Overlord.
View attachment 1480890

Congratulations PB!

October is a good month! My son and I just celebrated our birthday yesterday. He turned 1 and I turned 31 haha.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Received my Liverpool Suede's. Beautiful boots but unreal sizing - everything else I have is 11B and these barely get on my foot - not sure I could even walk in them.

However, I had these shipped to a relative's house and they threw out the box. Has anyone had any experience with AE on a return with no box? AE also disabled live chat now which was a nice function before, waiting 3-4 days for the response but the 90 days are almost up.

ptfly

Reaction score
Received my Liverpool Suede's. Beautiful boots but unreal sizing - everything else I have is 11B and these barely get on my foot - not sure I could even walk in them.

However, I had these shipped to a relative's house and they threw out the box. Has anyone had any experience with AE on a return with no box? AE also disabled live chat now which was a nice function before, waiting 3-4 days for the response but the 90 days are almost up.
I wear 11.5 b in cornwallis/exchange/1943 last and the liverpool suede and calf I have in the same size fit well. A little more roomy but still a good fit.
Yours is too narrow or too short?

Jimmy R

Reaction score
I’m amazed that you spend lots of time to gather input and put together a trunk show, (while working within the constraints that corporate gives you), announce it to the community, and...you get lots of bitching In the replies. I know that most feedback is usually positive, but it never fails that there are folks itching to downgrade your efforts, and let you know how ugly everything is/how they’re not going to buy anything this go around/how AE has gone off the deep end, etc.

Welp, I’m a member of the Ashley Fan Club, and appreciate the hard work you do. Catch me in the stands with a foam #1 finger whenever you put these TS events together, @ae_ashley - it’s impossible to make everyone happy, but you come extremely close. I ALWAYS enjoy seeing the fruits of your labors, as folks inbox and share their Trunk Show goodness.

So thank you.

Nailed it. It's really cool that we have an AE rep on this thread who is actively working to provide some really choice offerings.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO leather grain and a natural welt does not equal "formal". I would personally consider those a "casual" boot that would not be worn with formal/business attire.

Similarly, I would not consider that all black HM boot "formal".

Or did I miss the memo on what constitutes a formal boot?
Actually, I think you missed the memo on what constitutes formal humor on a shoe thread. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads