• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1A today. But if I had my choice between football grain and a PA sneaker, it would be the sneaker.
AE4CCC3C-11F1-4E20-A360-6D59440AE48C.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walton in 13D...my first pair of AE about 15 months ago when it was trial and error with regards sizing and me based in Singapore.
Now I am 13EEE in most AE lasts but can make this pair work due to the wider 73 last. 12 hours straight...no problemo! Still my only black formal shoes. Don't need a black PA !!
Polka dot socks never go out of fashion too :)
View attachment 1480566 View attachment 1480567
*squints*
split reverse welt. Check. Derby pattern. Check. Algonquin. Check. Black...hmm...ah, yes, check.
*Inputs data into supercomputer*
*computer noises *
Walton = Park Ave formality
*faints*

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*squints*
split reverse welt. Check. Derby pattern. Check. Algonquin. Check. Black...hmm...ah, yes, check.
*computer noises *
*faints*
Also, Double Leather sole. Check.

ptfly

Reaction score
?RDA IS HERE!?

Best prices of the season...and yes, that includes new Fall styles like the new Natural CXL Patton and Higgins, and Suede Strandmoks!

- 25% off ALL F2 product and Q1 clearance (through outlet stores only)!
- Up to $150 off current Q1 product!
- 30% off bags and apparel!
- 20% off belts!

Shop early to avoid missing out on limited stock!
Are these the 4100 Snuff Brown strandmoks? In natural light they appear a lot lighter than the stock pics. I have two of the brown suede strands and dyed one more chocolate. I almost ordered this new snuff brown one as the stock pics look darker than mine. I really regret not getting in on the suede TS :blush: especially for dark brown.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Walton in 13D...my first pair of AE about 15 months ago when it was trial and error with regards sizing and me based in Singapore.
Now I am 13EEE in most AE lasts but can make this pair work due to the wider 73 last. 12 hours straight...no problemo! Still my only black formal shoes. Don't need a black PA !!
Polka dot socks never go out of fashion too :)
View attachment 1480566 View attachment 1480567
*squints*
*computer noises *
*faints*

Gentlemen, it's 2020 so take your outdated style guides and throw them out the window. Remember, we now have a Park Avenue sneaker. I consider myself a conservative "formal/business" dresser having grown up and spent most of my life in NYC/Manhattan but even I have no issue with a black dress-like blucher when worn with a suit. It is not appropriate with a Tux but otherwise fine for business attire (but I have never worked on wall street or in a law firm). Most Oxfords do not work for me so I had to find a black dress shoe that did.

My personal black dress shoe is the Alden Straight Tip Blucher 971 Black Calfskin (as seen below).
971-scaled.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the beautiful black shell wings on Modified.

PXL_20201020_134100056.jpg
PXL_20201020_133458198.jpg
PXL_20201020_133435428.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I considered, but you size makes the double be proportionate. I have an 11EEE black shell PA with a double JR, and it looks about like a 9D PA with a single. Now, is the single even more dressy and more in line with my joke, totally. Thanks for keeping me in line!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen, it's 2020 so take your outdated style guides and throw them out the window. Remember, we now have a Park Avenue sneaker. I consider myself a conservative "formal/business" dresser having grown up and spent most of my life in NYC/Manhattan but even I have no issue with a black dress-like blucher when worn with a suit. It is not appropriate with a Tux but otherwise fine for business attire (but I have never worked on wall street or in a law firm). Most Oxfords do not work for me so I had to find a black dress shoe that did.

My personal black dress shoe is the Alden Straight Tip Blucher 971 Black Calfskin (as seen below).
971-scaled.jpg
Says the guy commenting on trunk shows being ho-hum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads