• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, wish it was 10.5E or 11.
I believe they had a chukka version of it as well.
Yes. Yes there was.
download (1).jpeg

download (1) (1).jpeg

Brooks Brothers x AE football grain chukka.

Vq_QXuyiUbiM.jpg

77a2891968394650d9e3f51f23fffeee--mens-dress-boots-men-dress-shoes.jpg

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still no order confirmation from my Saturday shoebank purchase.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still no order confirmation from my Saturday shoebank purchase.
I’ve received shoes without ever getting a confirmation, from SAs I’ve ordered from dozens of times. Sometimes I think the confirmations get lost in the system

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black shell is underrated. This photo courtesy of @ae_ashley shows how great it can be to put a new twist on a familiar classic. Looking forward to receiving these black shell Leeds with antique welt, whiskey edge and a red dainite sole. View attachment 1480523
Black shell is underrated, it is one of the best leathers out there, goes with almost anything. Not rare, but great.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black shell is underrated. This photo courtesy of @ae_ashley shows how great it can be to put a new twist on a familiar classic. Looking forward to receiving these black shell Leeds with antique welt, whiskey edge and a red dainite sole. View attachment 1480523

Certainly underrated! I go for louder colors now as a style. Black shell is very special. I find my pair of black Cambridge VERY conservative.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do my best to really listen to you all while also managing expectations and protecting the future of custom product in general. I think most people here are really reasonable. It hurts my heart when I see people nitpicking on what falls within the margins of acceptable 'quirk' as it pertains to shell and custom handcrafted product, but luckily I don't see much of that here. Any kind of custom program is a fragile thing...but It's the most exciting aspect of my job, frankly. I love trying to make this stuff possible for you all. I already have some ideas for what we are doing next...and after that...I think we'd at least be open to some suggestions.

Ashley, I do think a trunk show which would allow us access to former styles would be quite nice. It'd be a way for us to uniquely speak to the heritage of the brand that we love by wearing shoes we'd have a lot of difficulty finding at this point.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
I do my best to really listen to you all while also managing expectations and protecting the future of custom product in general. I think most people here are really reasonable. It hurts my heart when I see people nitpicking on what falls within the margins of acceptable 'quirk' as it pertains to shell and custom handcrafted product, but luckily I don't see much of that here. Any kind of custom program is a fragile thing...but It's the most exciting aspect of my job, frankly. I love trying to make this stuff possible for you all. I already have some ideas for what we are doing next...and after that...I think we'd at least be open to some suggestions.

I greatly appreciate the opportunity to order the Hamiltons in shell cordovan this September and am really enjoying the burgundy ones I got on Friday. My only regret is that I didn't grab a pair in Chili too! The ones shown a few posts before me look awesome!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walton in 13D...my first pair of AE about 15 months ago when it was trial and error with regards sizing and me based in Singapore.
Now I am 13EEE in most AE lasts but can make this pair work due to the wider 73 last. 12 hours straight...no problemo! Still my only black formal shoes. Don't need a black PA !!
Polka dot socks never go out of fashion too :)
20201020_110752.jpg
20201020_110842.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads