• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the recent sneaker sale (with a lil help from Covid) has greatly increased my sneaker collection. Not quite the Parker or the Streaker, but two Porters and two Courtsides for me.
62A04562-BEA8-400F-99FF-6FD920578333.jpeg
007FDF0A-7010-465D-A19D-7BFA23EA2D14.jpeg
They are comfy.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FedEx delivered a beauty on this sunny Sunday afternoon!

PXL_20201018_194113548.jpg

At first glance, noticed the gold sticker is not on the box like previous TS (SMU) makeups, but couldn't help but notice the pink tag.

PXL_20201018_194146960.jpg

Captures all of the order details:
-Chili Shell
-Split-Reverse Welt (Antique)
-Double JR Sole

PXL_20201018_194134335.jpg

Double bagged these! Glad to see AE providing two bags! Even if not the white flannel bag, these are most definitely appreciated!

PXL_20201018_194308810.jpg

Quick indoor shot of these before letting them bask in the California sun!

PXL_20201018_194332359.jpg

Double JR goodness! :p

PXL_20201018_194501296.jpg

Absolutely stunning! Chili is so rich and has multiple personalities!

PXL_20201018_194520376.jpg

PXL_20201018_194544777.jpg

This is only 1 of 4 incoming from the TS, but if this is any indication of how they've been crafted, then I'm beyond impressed!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For instance?
Natural Patton, Shell Landon, and Navy Suede Strandmok. I wanted snuff on the Strandmok but my SA threatened to tell my wife if I ordered another brown suede shoe.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you guys think the MTO promotion will be run? I don’t think it will be just order a shoe built how you want it.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys think the MTO promotion will be run? I don’t think it will be just order a shoe built how you want it.

What is this "MTO promotion" you speak of? You just trying to get me all riled up?

@StrandKing, that's the first time I've ever seen those worn in the wild. I imagine they would be hard to pair, but jeans would always be a safe choice. I hope you can track down the green suede pair.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be a blue and white Neumok spectator featuring a small Lord Stanley Cup and the words “Tampa Bay Lightning - 2020 Stanley Cup Champions”

:nest:
<edit - for the record, I am a huge Blackhawks fan, but have supported the local team since their first year as an expansion team>

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Choose a shoe and customize sole?
I am hoping for at least, pick a style from a predetermined list. Pick a leather type from a list. Pick your sole. Maybe even pick your welt. Color of welt and stitching should be left up to AE. That would make a decent list of ways to get a personalized shoe without creating too much loss of efficiency.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am hoping for at least, pick a style from a predetermined list. Pick a leather type from a list. Pick your sole. Maybe even pick your welt. Color of welt and stitching should be left up to AE. That would make a decent list of ways to get a personalized shoe without creating too much loss of efficiency.
If the leather options and model options are wide enough, it could be great. Otherwise, it's basically just what they have now in another format, assuming welt type isn't customizable.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If Suede and Cordovan Trunk Shows seem to be the norm and are getting a little ho-hum, what should AE offer in the next Trunk Show that would be different, get you excited, and make you order something?
(maybe tag @ae_ashley with your choice)

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Suede and Cordovan Trunk Shows seem to be the norm and are getting a little ho-hum, what should AE offer in the next Trunk Show that would be different, get you excited, and make you order something?
(maybe tag @ae_ashley with your choice)
"From the Vault" models are always interesting! If they're able to bring back discontinued models like they did with the Fifth Street Boot in last year's TS, that would be cool! I also would vote for Natural and Walnut Shell to be offered. Other shoe companies like Viberg release pre-orders for Natural Shell makeups, so it's not like Horween isn't producing them. I've been told people were too critical of the lighter shell not looking as advertised and that's what possibly has killed it. But for a WebGem, that would be awesome!

pbrandes

Reaction score
They look awesome. I would truly appreciate a "heal to heal" side/profile photo of your HM and Patton (comparing the shaft height). Pretty Please.

Here you go. They're on the same last so fit is basically the same if you know your size in either. Only diffs are shaft height and captoe vs. plain. As I mentioned, the newer Horween chromex browns seem to be a lot darker and more red, but these OG HMs are so close to the new natty that I don't think I'll keep the Pattons, barring some exceptional weaseling.

IMG_4893a.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here you go. They're on the same last so fit is basically the same if you know your size in either. Only diffs are shaft height and captoe vs. plain. As I mentioned, the newer Horween chromex browns seem to be a lot darker and more red, but these OG HMs are so close to the new natty that I don't think I'll keep the Pattons, barring some exceptional weaseling.

View attachment 1479803
How many cap toe boots do you have? Man cannot pick footwear on color alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads