• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F2 Higgins Mill with polka dot socks.
20201008_105119.jpg
20201008_105143.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

liquidjelly

Reaction score
You may be in luck. For me, it was collapsing of my arches and rotation of my large toes (bunions). The prescription was orthotic inserts that push the interior sides of my feet up and provide some arch support. I'm honestly not sure what accounts for me needing a longer shoe. As best I can figure it, the positioning of my forefoot is different and the volume of the insert necessitates a larger shoe all around.

The worst part is the inserts cost as much as shoes and you need multiple sets. I never knew someone made a Teva style sandal designed to accept orthotics - but I'm damn glad they do!

To turn this back toward AE, I really appreciate the Nomad collection. Much more interesting than the old Road Warriors. Two opportunities for improvement though:

1) The Nomad shoe heel cup is lower than the Road Warrior. If you're using your own inserts, this can be just enough difference to 'unseat' the heel and make the shoe unwearable.

2) The Noman chukkas become painfully tight across the vamp if you're using an insert larger than the removable one provided by AE.

I suppose some (most?) buyers wear the Nomads as is but for those of us with custom inserts, they're practically our only choice and a little more volume would be much appreciated.

Have you tried the Pedag Viva Mini inserts? 22 dollars and felt better than prescription orthortics for me. Plus no need to change shoe sizes.

Buster Brown

Reaction score
Have you tried the Pedag Viva Mini inserts? 22 dollars and felt better than prescription orthortics for me. Plus no need to change shoe sizes.

I don't remember the exact model, but yes, I did wear Pedags for several months while getting the custom stuff worked out. They were definitely more 'shoe friendly.' If all you need is some arch support, I highly recommend them. Unfortunately my situation required more aggressive intervention.

ptfly

Reaction score
Anyone order/rcv the grey/olive strandmok?
The color started out as olive online then changed to grey and is now back to olive 4099.
Curious what it looks like in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads