• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hat people. Can you tell me if this hat is worth it from the catalog? Thinking about this but other than a $10 hat, I have nothing and know nothing.
253CDFEF-7276-41EB-B6B5-2DCB63142276.png

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hat people. Can you tell me if this hat is worth it from the catalog? Thinking about this but other than a $10 hat, I have nothing and know nothing.
View attachment 1468123
Not to me.
Crown doesn’t taper like a trilby typically does, but it sure has a narrow brim! Assume lower crown height too.
Wool... not even rabbit felt.
Cotton sweat band rather than leather. Maybe that’s a plus to some.
Not truly fitted; compromise fit. I don’t know about the block shape, but I assume round oval. I personally need an egg oval.

You could get a more fitted fur felt hat on sale for a similar price. My first nicer hat was a Stetson.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to me.
Crown doesn’t taper like a trilby typically does, but it sure has a narrow brim! Assume lower crown height too.
Wool... not even rabbit felt.
Cotton sweat band rather than leather. Maybe that’s a plus to some.
Not truly fitted; compromise fit. I don’t know about the block shape, but I assume round oval. I personally need an egg oval.

You could get a more fitted fur felt hat on sale for a similar price. My first nicer hat was a Stetson.
Thanks, I assume it is wool to fit the wool shoe motif. At least I know what to look for now.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1468123
I hate to do this to you. Next time you’re in downtown Chicago, stop by Optimo. I know very little about hats, so I was easily suckered into buying a nice straw for the summer. Lbvs! The selection they offer is amazing!

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pair of suede Liverpool’s and wondering what is the best way to take care of them.

typically suede I brush and spray the saphir conditioning spray but from what I remember these were treated with water repellent at the factory so not sure if I should be doing a spray conditioner or beat treatment method.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a purchase...ended up buying Leeds in chili, antique welt, and double JR’s. I almost made a second purchase and would have gotten something in the marbled congnac, but couldn’t make up my mind. I wanted the Chili Leeds last time and didn’t make a purchase...so that was the easy one for me. Oh well, probably better that I didn’t.

Been there - done that...

20191209_144921.jpg

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really thought you guys would be into a lot of what we put out. I honestly thought you'd lose it over the natty Higgins returning too.
Please bring back the Academy (really any CXL PTB or derby)

Rithrin

Reaction score
I really thought you guys would be into a lot of what we put out. I honestly thought you'd lose it over the natty Higgins returning too.
Hey @ae_ashley , I really love these new combo (Hybrids? Multis? What does AE call these?) shoes with leather and wool. The mahogany is such a perfect winter color combination with that charcoal wool. However, I don't really know how I'd protect the wool and keep it lasting. Any official care instructions? The wool St. John's is likely going to push me over the edge on grabbing one.

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Tumbled Hamilton Cap-Toe Boot with Blue Dainite. Probably will get something in navy with Blue Dainite at the next TS. Heading to AE in a few minutes to purchase Landon in Green Shell with Double Rendenbach (unless I change my mind between here and there). View attachment 1467216 View attachment 1467217

I have the Hamiltons with a regular black dainite sole and I have to say: I prefer it.

I personally think the blue is too flashy and too silly looking. I prefer the more conservative look with the black.

However, still beautiful boots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads