• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones that started it all: my first pair of Allen Edmonds, a bit more than two and a half years old:

20200929_higgies.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those of you who purchased something special from the trunk show, and even to our enthusiasts who had to sit it out but supported the efforts from afar...thank you.

Looks like the Hamilton was the belle of the ball, followed by the Landon, and we sold as many Park Sneakers as we did Park Aves! The Dark Cognac Marbled lead the way as far as colors go, but there was no waning interest in Navy, Green, and Bourbon! ?

***So, here’s a twist…***

We’re giving the show a four day encore, and extending the window of time to order, but only through stores. You'll have until end of business on Saturday to place an order through associates only! Here’s to act two of the show, and getting a few more of your creations in before we take our final bow!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gents, as usual my timing is impeccable since I think @ae_ashley post is bound to upstage the trivialities in this post. Many months ago I posted seeking recommendations for ultra thin dress socks. I got a bunch of great recommendations and ended up recently picking up a pair of pantharella fil d'ecosse as well as a bunch of pairs of viccel socks in their summer and midweight thicknesses. I'm generally more apt to buy cheap socks on sale in more like the $3/pr range so this was a bit of a splurge comparatively.

Just in terms of visual and best judgment of quality the two brands seem pretty similar to me. I am wearing a pair of the Viccel summer socks today and they are pretty much exactly the thickness that I was after --- maybe just a hair thicker than I'd imagined but likely more durable and less sheer, which is better ultimately. Purchase experience with Viccel, by the way, was quite good. I purchased enough pairs to qualify for free shipping and the packaged was shipped from Turkey within about a day or two via Fedex and arrived here in the US just a few days later.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We’re giving the show a four day encore, and extending the window of time to order, but only through stores. You'll have until end of business on Saturday to place an order through associates only! Here’s to act two of the show, and getting a few more of your creations in before we take our final bow!

You are a rascal. ;)

Last edited:

DawgPound

Reaction score
To those of you who purchased something special from the trunk show, and even to our enthusiasts who had to sit it out but supported the efforts from afar...thank you.

Looks like the Hamilton was the belle of the ball, followed by the Landon, and we sold as many Park Sneakers as we did Park Aves! The Dark Cognac Marbled lead the way as far as colors go, but there was no waning interest in Navy, Green, and Bourbon! ?

***So, here’s a twist…***

Damn... :brick:
My bank account does not thank you.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2014 WebGem!

Tan CXL MacNeil 5 (because it’s on the 65 last). On a combo sole even!
57DAC79F-CF32-4405-B5F3-167CE89E8425.jpeg
C4C46D48-137E-44FF-AD0A-00522063652F.jpeg
It is still 90 degrees here today (current feels like temp is 99) with a good chance of rain, so linen and fuddy duddy shoes.

Thanks @ae_ashley for sharing the current breakdown.

Happy trunk show extension day!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ryan and I thought you guys would find this interesting. I love a graph. ?

View attachment 1467813
View attachment 1467814
What’s most interesting to me is the lack of support for chili. I suspect this is because people are buying fewer multiples this year. Last year, chili was the new hotness. So everybody bought that with the first shoe and then got something else with a second or third. Since marbled dark cognac is the new hotness now, that gets the first shoe, but I think fewer second shoes may be bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads