• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys with Green Shell Cordovan shoes wear them with? I figure jeans, but what other colours go with them?
D1FC2EE2-DBA2-458D-8815-97289FCD5977.jpeg 676BA041-FF72-42C2-93C4-A7BAB63A4498.jpeg E558879A-7B4C-4E60-A91B-E3ABDF2D7BDD.jpeg 70F78253-4591-4851-9D8D-0D3122538772.jpeg 4E8B03F3-29E2-473E-BD8C-FD933189C60B.jpeg 0113EC82-C023-41AE-8E70-6F4D2E4E987C.jpeg

pbrandes

Reaction score
What do you guys with Green Shell Cordovan shoes wear them with? I figure jeans, but what other colours go with them?

My personal favorite match is with khaki/light tan pants and white shirt, but basically anything you'd pair with medium-to-dark-brown shoes should work fine with AE green shell. I think one advantage green has over navy is in pairing with jeans, any shade of blue jeans will work with green, but unless the jeans are light blue there isn't enough contrast with navy.

[edit: agree with schweezly's later post about not pairing green shell with olive; basically the same lack of contrast issue]

IMG_3780.JPG

Last edited:

schweezly

Reaction score
Delivery of these today really making me ponder a last minute Chili Hamilton purchase. The last “tumbled brown” pair of these I tried on fit differently. These are snug feel great.

Amazon coming through with a solid price. I usually like to buy from an SA, but next day free shipping and good price is hard to beat
F135613F-3862-4A28-B3AB-1F744B205F3D.jpeg

schweezly

Reaction score
My personal favorite match is with khaki/light tan pants and white shirt, but basically anything you'd pair with medium-to-dark-brown shoes should work fine with AE green shell. I think one advantage green has over navy is in pairing with jeans, any shade of blue jeans will work with green, but unless the jeans are light blue there isn't enough contrast with navy.

View attachment 1467369

agreed. I wear a lot of “chino” type pants, primarily natural colors. Green can work with blue/khaki/grey/etc with only olive being the main one out in my wardrobe.

damn, you’ve got me thinking about green Leeds again lol

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The problem with blue and green is that you need blue and green belts too, and AE doesn't make any that match the trunk show shells.
Actually, you don’t. Just match your belt color to the welt color or go for lower contrast between pants and belt k(caramel shell with light browns, dark brown belt with dark pants, etc)

rxcats

Reaction score
The problem with blue and green is that you need blue and green belts too, and AE doesn't make any that match the trunk show shells.
I have a dark navy belt that would work okay with blue. I’m afraid my olive belt would not work with the green shell. I can always wear them with sweaters or shirts that are not supposed to be tucked in.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally prefer brown most of all, but I’ve been known to pair with tans, greys, reds/orange (guess falls under brown), off white, and yes even green.
20191119_074223.jpg

I don't personally do blue and green, but some do.

rxcats

Reaction score
Actually, you don’t. Just match your belt color to the welt color or go for lower contrast between pants and belt k(caramel shell with light browns, dark brown belt with dark pants, etc)
True. I ordered with “Whiskey“ welt (at SA’s suggestion) which I suspect will stand out with these boots. Should be able to find a matching belt and would be more versatile. I’ll check out the AE belts in a couple of months when the shoes arrive. I’m having them delivered to the AE store. FedEx sometimes leaves packages in the lobby of my building. I’d have a stroke if they got lifted!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True. I ordered with “Whiskey“ welt (at SA’s suggestion) which I suspect will stand out with these boots. Should be able to find a matching belt and would be more versatile. I’ll check out the AE belts in a couple of months when the shoes arrive. I’m having them delivered to the AE store. FedEx sometimes leaves packages in the lobby of my building. I’d have a stroke if they got lifted!
One can pretty easily get away with only a dark brown, black, tan/whiskey/etc, and burgundy (technically dark brown could even cover).
I do have a croc and cloth belt as well, admittedly.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And Rancourt has been out of stock on navy shell belts for 2+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads